QA Team Lead
Outplay are hiring for a QA Team Lead to lead our testing teams on our Angry Birds Pop!, Bubble Genius and Bubble Blaze Games.
We are looking for an expert in games testing and a strong mentor to further develop our team and products.
You will define the testing framework, using you understanding and experience of games testing to ensure our games our enjoyable for the customer and technically stable and certifiable.
This is a really exciting opportunity to further your testing career, applying your experience in software testing into a business oriented environment.
Ideally your experience will have been gained in the games sector and in a responsible function or comparable lead position in a professional work environment.
Areas of delivery
Define and prioritise test scope, as derived from game design documents and according to project needs. Review and delegate this to appropriate teams.
Maintain the appropriate balance of functionality, regression and compatibility testing over the course of project updates. Ensure each stage of testing is considered in terms of exploratory and functionality. Track test times in order to support metrics.
Test case execution in accordance with required test suites.
Perform comprehensive analysis of test results, prepare test reports and collaborate with producers to achieve sign-off. Oversee and forecast any identifiable risks during development cycle.
Attend update planning meetings with Production and Design team members in order to ensure adequate time scales are present with regards to test effort, supported by metrics.
Review Requirements and Test Documentation in order to find issues before implementation / test during verification
Work closely with Production to analyze and support / deny waive requests entered by test team. Escalate in cases of disagreement. Review bugs entered by test team in order to judge priority / severity of bugs.
Lead the team by example and direct feedback to QA Manager in cases of good or bad performance.
Test artifacts, such as Test plans and Test cases are written and documented in such a way that non-project team members are able to participate on any project with minimum supervision.
Update and maintain documentation of project team using pre-defined systems and tools in order to achieve consistency in line with QA methodology and support quality improvements.
Ensure that all known bugs that have been granted a waive request are properly documented and signed off.
Keep up to date with current trends in Software testing and adopt concepts for our team.
- At least 2 years of experience in software testing in a business oriented environment, ideally in Games sector and in a responsible function or comparable lead position in a professional work environment.
- Good Knowledge of functional testing techniques
- Good use of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining high quality
- Ability to work well within a small and dedicated team
- An professional interest in Quality Assurance combined with a passion for games
- Experience in test planning and design, requirements and system analysis, results documentation and defect tracking.
- Ability to voice individual performance criticism and project risks in a constructive and professional manner
- Excellent understanding of iOS, Android and Social Gaming Server technology
- An Eye for detail and Organization
- Experience in Agile Development life cycle
- Understanding of Test Automation and / or Coding
The job is based in Dundee, Scotland.