We’re looking for innovative and passionate people who want to change the world of TV advertising forever. Are you interested in vast quantities of data and designing suitable algorithms to achieve specific goals? Does being part of a global high growth start-up get you excited? Now’s your chance to join our team.
TVSquared is a rapidly growing innovative Scottish company, and provides the most accurate real-time TV attribution platform in the industry; delivering improved campaign performance for advertisers. Our state-of-the-art analytics platform enables any firm, brand or agency to increase return on investment and proactively improve the performance of their TV advertising campaigns. TVSquared delivers its analytics in almost every country around the world and with an easy-to-use web portal; customers value seeing their own campaign performance data from all networks delivered to them in near-real time.
Are you a highly motivated maths, engineering and data practitioner? We are looking for someone who likes working in a fast paced environment, both autonomously and as part of a multi-discipline team. You’ll be able to combine your technical understanding, broad contextual knowledge, and creative problem-solving skills to our business, collaborating in R&D and the design of new algorithms and models to drive our products forward.
No two days will be the same, however you can expect to spend time sketching out ideas on a whiteboard with colleagues, garnering market insight from whitepapers, prototyping solutions, authoring DB queries (PostgresSQ, MongoDB) programming in Python, while using your mathematical skills and real world experience to contribute to the TVSquared vision.
You are likely to have 5+ years experience, relevant degree, with the practical tools and techniques for manipulating and exploring vast quantities of data, with the objective of designing effective algorithms to achieve our product goals.
The main tasks of the role would include:-
- The use of machine learning techniques, visualisations, statistical analysis to gain insight into client
- data sets using technologies such as NumPy, SciPy, Spark, MLLib and R for example.
- Ongoing management and optimisation of databases in a data warehouse context.
- The application of creative thinking to solve portal-wide technical and business problems
- Research, design and prototyping of new algorithmic product features based on requirements
- Communication of findings and solutions to a variety of audiences
- Working autonomously with light supervision but high accountability
- Post-graduate degree or advanced training in statistics, pure or applied mathematics, operations
- research, machine learning, or other highly quantitative field.
- 5+ years relevant applied research or industry work experience
- Proficiency in Python, MongoDB, PostgreSQL would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of database and ETL processes
- Experience with Django, AngularJS and/or D3 would be useful, but not essential.
- Experience of Agile development methodology
- Proven problem solving skills and examples of designing intelligent solutions to solve complex problems.
- Eagerness to learn about data in a media, advertising and technology context
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong maths/statistics knowledge, vector, numerical matrix mathematics and integral transforms such as wavelets and fourier would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Linux would be an advantage
- Personable and able to work in a growing, face paced environment.
To apply for this job, send your CV to email@example.com