Linux System Administrator
RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver cloud by making it less complex. We empower our customers to orchestrate, automate, and govern applications across any cloud, any server, and any container — and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise.
We are hiring a Linux System Administrator in our Edinburgh office (located in the CodeBase tech incubator) who will thrive in a fast paced DevOps environment. We’ve recently migrated our entire infrastructure to containers, which means you will be on the forefront of IT technology. We’re always evaluating and embracing the latest technology stacks and storage technologies, while running an Enterprise class globally distributed microservice architecture.
We need sysadmins up to the task of designing, maintaining and troubleshooting large scale HA solutions. Our solutions and technology stacks are constantly evolving, and we are looking for people who will embrace mastering new skills in an ever-changing environment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Participate in a fast paced release cycle, where we ship code at least once a week.
- Integrate tightly with development teams, to help architect infrastructure designs.
- Work closely with a geographically diverse operations team supporting a wide variety of technologies.
- Automate infrastructure solutions using various tools, including Ruby, RESTful APIs, and frameworks like Docker Compose, or Kubernetes.
- Troubleshooting and solving production issues quickly, to maintain high uptime.
Qualifications and experience we are looking for:
- Experience with virtualized Infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS, GCE, Azure in particular).
- Experience with container and service discovery technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, etc.).
- Ability to automate complex tasks to support a continuous delivery workflow. Scripting experience with Bash and Ruby is a huge plus.
- Expert level knowledge with Linux administration, with an eye toward automation and configuration management.
- Familiar with source control systems and best practices development workflows (Git, Jira, Kanban).
- Strong knowledge of Internet Protocols (TCP, DNS, DHCP).
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- We work in a fun office environment complete with weekly team lunches, stocked snacks, and Friday pastry days.
- We travel to RightScale headquarters in California once a year for the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup.
- We invest in good tools, whether it’s MacBook Pros, TravisCI, Slack, GitHub, or Docker Hub.
- We spend every other Friday hacking on what we like; this is our iTime (innovation time), where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel and interesting and that foster professional growth. Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.
Sound good? Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues who are transforming the way the cloud is managed.
RightScale supports diversity in the workplace and encourages women and people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.