An exciting opportunity to join one of Scotland’s most dynamic start-up companies in a period of international growth.
QikServe has global ambitions and is set to revolutionise the casual dining customer experience. We provide micro-location, self-ordering and payment services to the restaurant and hospitality industry, allowing their customers to order and pay for food and drinks using their smartphone or tablet device. We are agile, use scrum methodologies, and most of our sprints last for two weeks.
Are you a highly motivated, high achieving developer with exceptional technical skills? We are looking for ambitious & enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about well-engineered systems. You will be given the opportunity to be responsible for:
- Creating fast, intuitive & easy to use applications
- Designing & implementing new features in our existing applications and
- Integrating our backend with new APIs.
If you have a minimum of 12 months+ industry engineering experience with JAVA and ideally Spring, Hibernate & MySQL, we’re interested in hearing from you. If you enjoy being involved in the full project life-cycle and take pride in seeing your application being used across the globe then this could be the right opportunity for you.
Learning abilities and attitude are more important if you don't have enough commercial experience at this stage. We need quick learners who are willing to get their hands dirty from day one. The successful candidates will eventually contribute to the development of all of our projects.
- 2:1+ in a Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Ability to use own initiative and work without supervision
- Object-oriented design and coding skills
- Windows UWP
- Web front-end (AngularJS, React etc.).
- Software testing
- Efficient and scalable systems design
- Data structures and efficient algorithms
- SQL and database design (we use MySQL)
- Linux/UNIX experience (command-line tools, scripts etc.)
Salary: Negotiable and based on experience
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV in the first instance with a covering letter to jobs@Qikserve.com