Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in Scotland. Currently celebrating our 5th year, our studio is a global leader in developing, publishing and distributing digital interactive entertainment for smartphones, tablets, and social networks. We have a colourful portfolio of innovative casual and mid-core titles such as Angry Birds POP, Alien Creeps TD, Bubble Genius, Crafty Candy, Mystery Match and many more!
Outplay is an extremely ambitious company, in almost 5 short years we have gone from 2 founders to the team size of over 120 that we have today. We have released 13 titles which have generated over 58 million downloads.
Life at Outplay offers a progressive culture, leveraging each success onto the next.
This kind of trajectory is incredibly exciting to be a part of. Our teams don’t just join us for their next role they join us to be a part of our journey.
Each product is developed and owned by the team; they drive the development, design, and creative direction of the products in coordination with our directors, marketing, and analytics teams so we offer a real hands-on experience.
We are now hiring for an experienced Audio Designer to help establish the direction and manage the creation, review, and integration of audio into all of our current and future games. Managing all areas of our audio requirements, the right candidate will direct our outsource audio providers, and also contribute to the creation of additional music and effects.
This is a brand new role in our growing studio, and provides an exciting chance to establish a dedicated internal audio function within Outplay and move us further forward in our audio production processes.
- Experience providing and setting audio direction
- Experience creating sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate highly original audio
- Experience using audio middleware and custom built audio implementation solutions
- High level of ability and familiarity with DAWs such as Reaper, Nuendo, Vegas, Pro Tools and plugins such as Waves etc. to produce solid, cutting edge sound design
- Ability with scripting/coding, or other relevant experience with the integration and balancing of audio in games
- Production of linear audio for cinematics and other promotional material
- Working knowledge of Unity (preferable)
The job is based in Dundee, Scotland.