Finance And Compliance Manager
ShareIn is an exciting FinTech company based in the heart of Edinburgh’s vibrant tech community and we’re looking for someone to join our small but growing team. Reporting directly to the CEO (a chartered accountant herself) the role has the potential to grow with the company as there is currently no FD.
Your responsibilities would cover a wide range of financial aspects of ShareIn from managing our book keeper to being responsible for ShareIn’s obligations as an FCA regulated firm. Prior regulatory compliance experience is not a necessity as training will be provided.
The role includes:
- Production of really useful monthly management accounts not just churning out historic data. We use Xero (Cloud accounting software) and have a book keeper so it’s about analysis and automating reporting.
- Managing FCA reporting obligations and becoming ShareIn’s primary contact with the FCA
- Advising new clients on their obligations from a compliance perspective.
- Maintaining and updating the ShareIn Compliance Manual as appropriate
- Approval of our clients’ equity crowdfunding financial promotions and management of our regulatory Appointed Representative services to clients.
- Manage FCA compliance aspects of recruitment and new starter process, including applications for FCA approval and training.
- Maintain compliance and AML records in line with FCA guidance
The attributes we’d love you to have:
- Big 5 trained Chartered Accountant
- Have a desire to learn about the alternative finance sector (specifically equity crowdfunding) in the UK and beyond.
- A strong desire to use technology to improve a process
- A can-do attitude
- Always delivers on a promise
- Very confident in all Microsoft Office applications eg Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Willing to muck in and help the Team even if it’s not your job
- Never scared to ask if you don’t understand
- Really organized
Importantly, we’re looking for someone who wants to do a good job, learn new things and who is open and honest. We’re an informal and friendly team so your input will be appreciated and valued. We’re not people who will judge you on the hours worked – for us it’s all about results.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary circa £30K - £40k (depending on experience)
- Flexible working hours – This could be either a full time or part time but a minimum of 4 days a week (they can be short days)
- Training as you require to develop your skills.
- 33 days holiday each year (pro-rata)
- The opportunity to be part of team that hear about really exciting projects that need our help every single day
- Great central Edinburgh location
- Future participation in employee share option scheme.
- The chance to be in at the start of a high growth company in a high growth sector.
ShareIn started out as an equity crowdfunding platform and have morphed into a global technology provider of deal funding tools and solutions. Our clients span a range of sectors from football to corporate finance, from property crowdfunding to venture capital and a lot in between.
ShareIn provides a positive, open and friendly work environment. We are looking for someone that really cares about what they are doing who can work independently. Applicants should be enthusiastic about getting deals funded and the opportunity to be part of a team that is shaking up traditional sources of finance.
If that sounds like you please get in touch. Link through company's website.