Senior Software Engineer
RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be based in our Edinburgh office. We are looking for someone who wants to take on challenges and experience start-up life. You'll have an opportunity to work across our technology stack, develop new features, and be involved in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, architecture and design, UX and wireframes, to coding and testing. Our office is at CodeBase, the largest technology incubator in Scotland, and our headquarters are in Santa Barbara, California. Check out the RightScale Engineering Blog to see what our engineering team is working on.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Actively participate in an agile software development life-cycle, decomposing requirements, documenting and discussing the design, estimation and implementation, being a strong communicator is imperative.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot multi-layered, SOA structured, cloud-based software application in Ruby, Go, and AngularJS.
- Develop rapid prototypes and participate in pair programming.
- Contribute to the knowledge base, wiki and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution.
You'll be expected to have:
- Experience in developing web applications, and can show us your personal/work projects.
- Experience with an object-oriented language (Ruby, Python, PHP, Java), model-view-controller framework experience is a plus.
- Be comfortable developing on Linux environments.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- We work in a fun office environment complete with weekly team lunches, and stocked snacks, and Friday pastry days.
- We travel to California once per year for the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup.
- We invest in good tools, whether it’s MacBook Pros, TravisCI, Slack, GitHub or Docker Hub.
- We spend every other Friday hacking on what we like; this is our iTime (innovation time), where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.
Sounds good? Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to lead the cloud computing revolution. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
RightScale supports diversity in the workplace and encourages women and people from underrepresented groups in software engineering to apply.