About Make it Social
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company at a pivotal point. With major partner organisations joining and case studies under our belt we are looking for an experienced sales individual to join our team. The individual will be required to travel around Europe with the explicit target of signing up the top companies in each of our selected market sectors.
Our mission is to ‘make the world a truly social place’ and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing startup company with rapid worldwide growth plans. You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business. Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event ticketing, a group booking solution that they can integrate with their existing systems viaAPIs. Once integrated it not only captures the organic social group booker but it also opens up a host of opportunities with regards to marketing towards a new demographic.
The solution works, the technology is solid and highly innovative and our partnerships now mean we will be introduced directly to leading sports teams, theaters, festivals and cinemas around Europe and further afield. The right person will be able to step into this role and hit the ground running, travel regularly around Europe and meet with and sign up the biggest and best companies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Head up sales for Europe. Targeting our primary 7 markets (sports ticketing, theater ticketing, music ticketing, cinema ticketing, hotels, airlines, tours/activities).
- Responsible for pricing negotiations with a key focus on optimising revenue for the company.
- In direct contact with sales lead team to ensure all sales meetings are qualified.
- In direct contact with Client Success Management team to ensure that all sales generated are optimised
- Travel to and from sales meetings around Europe
- Manage own travel budget
- Attend and exhibit at conferences where required
- Contract negotiations
- Communicating client needs and feedback to the wider team
- Confident in selling *Confident in pitching *Ability to develop sales materials (with the support of our design team)
- Proven track record of success in sales *Strong negotiator
- Strong networker *Driven by success, measured by revenue
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills both internally and externally
- Ability to quickly create positive relationships with both individuals and companies
- Looking to make a difference within a company
- Able to cope with stressful situations with a mature and calm disposition at all times
- A sense of initiative and pro-activeness *Innovative
- Self motivated *Sensitive approach to handling confidential information
- A willingness to learn new skills as required and undertake appropriate training
- Attention to detail and ability to produce work to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- A very positive attitude towards working in a startup environment and a strong desire to work for us and to help support future developments to reach consistent standards of excellence.
- Experience of explaining technical systems to non-technical people
- Experience of dealing with clients who’s first language is not English
- An understanding of the live events industry and/or travel industry
- Experience of working with large companies (both clients and partners) and individuals in high positions of authority
Internal: CEO, Customer Success Management Team
External: Potential Clients and Partners