Managed Services Support Engineer
RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve challenging problems in the cloud computing space.
The Managed Services team at RightScale is unique and requires a DevOps engineer with a vast range of knowledge and desire to learn the newest technology to resolve problems in cloud computing. Our Managed Services team works very closely with our customers to master our customer's cloud workloads, application stacks and environments. The Managed Services team leverages multi cloud automation to offer a true and efficient enterprise level support offering. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and should be excited about using cutting edge technology to solve complex issues.
The job involves:
- Promptly responding to questions and problems within the requirements of the customer’s service level agreement.
- Resolving or escalating customer queries with regards to the RightScale product set.
- Accurately reporting and tracking support tickets through the Zendesk ticketing system.
- On-call pager rotation to provide 24/7 emergency technical support.
- Providing information and shared learning to other members of the team.
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
- Professional documentation of customers environments and support processes.
We are looking for experience with the following:
- A customer-facing technical support role
- Cloud: AWS, Azure or GCE
- Web application support experience, i.e. LAMP
- Linux Systems Administration
- Linux Distributions: CentOS, Ubuntu, SuSE, RHEL
- Basic Windows server troubleshooting
- Database architecture, management, configuration i.e. MySQL
- Scripting – Bash, Ruby
- Networking – TCP/IP
- Backup / Recovery / High availability architecture
- Open Source software installation, configuration, community support, etc.
- Infrastructure design, implementation, and automation