Junior Web Developer & Support Assistant
Digital Six are one of Scotland’s most established ecommerce agencies. We’ve developed award winning websites for some of the country’s best retailers.
Operating out of our office in the heart of the UK’s largest tech incubator, Codebase Edinburgh, we provide a unique and stimulating environment for those looking to make waves within Scotland’s tech scene. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Junior Web Developer & Support Assistant to join our team.
You will be working with a small, multi-skilled team of developers to maintain and develop websites across multiple ecommerce platforms. You’ll be expected to provide technical support to our clients and will be responsible for leading investigation into to any bugs or issues.
Primarily clients submit bug reports via an online support console and the majority of interaction will be carried out through this console. There will also be cases where phone support is required.
Depending on your skills you will be expected to carry out customisation work and assist with development projects; both internal and on behalf of our clients.
- Client Support case management
- Support communications to Project Managers and occasionally clients
- Debugging errors in PHP code, MySQL databases and LAMP stacks
- Learning the workings of Magento to expert level and relaying your knowledge effectively
- Investigating software issues and problem-solving; This can get quite technical and will involve delving into the code
- Carrying out front end customisation work when required
- Assisting with development projects where required
- Providing feedback on the software to the development team
- Carrying out software testing
- Conducting client training
- Producing and maintaining documentation and articles for our Knowledge Base
- Assisting with scoping and estimation for our sales team, where required
This role is ideal for student or recent graduate looking for a path into programming who is dedicated, hard-working and willing to go the extra mile. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn and will eventually progress to taking on more complex and involved project work. Customer service experience is a plus but at the very least you must be professional, polite, patient and eager to help.
- Enjoy programming and computer science; enough to do it for fun as well as a career
- Be personable, outgoing and a great communicator (especially in written form)
- Be a confident, creative problem solver with an expert eye for detail
- Be able to work autonomously, using your own initiative
- Confidently understand PHP and MySQL
- Have great personal integrity and an ability to communicate honestly
- Be eager to progress in your career and have a hunger for learning new things
- Enjoy a fast-paced, flexible working environment
- Be able to grasp new topics and techniques in your area of expertise, at short notice
Ideally you will
- Have (or be working towards) a qualification in a computer science or programming
- Have some experience in dealing with customer queries via email and phone
- Have experience of working as part of a team
- Have ecommerce experience
- Have LAMP stack experience
Perks of the Job
You’ll be doing challenging work in a great learning environment. If you are successful in your application you will enjoy: great colleagues, team lunches, nights out, beers on Friday and healthy working hours!
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering email and links to any examples of your work that you’d like us to see.