Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in Scotland. Currently celebrating our 5th year, our studio is a global leader in developing, publishing and distributing digital interactive entertainment for smartphones, tablets, and social networks. We have a colourful portfolio of innovative casual and mid-core titles such as Angry Birds POP, Alien Creeps TD, Bubble Genius, Crafty Candy, Mystery Match and many more!
Outplay is an extremely ambitious company, in almost 5 short years we have gone from 2 founders to the team size of over 125 that we have today. We have released 13 titles which have generated over 58 million downloads.
Life at Outplay offers a progressive culture, leveraging each success onto the next.
This kind of trajectory is incredibly exciting to be a part of. Our teams don’t just join us for their next role they join us to be a part of our journey.
Each product is developed and owned by the team; they drive the development, design, and creative direction of the products in coordination with our directors, marketing, and analytics teams so we offer a real hands-on experience.
We are looking for passionate candidates who can contribute to and direct the vision for our new and existing games. You should have experience developing gameplay and meta game systems, be able to bring innovation and creativity to the project you are working and be aware of the impact design can have on the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the product including our ability to sell the product, retain players and monetize players who are engaged with our titles.
Key qualities and experience we are looking for:
- Driven to establish and champion a stand out creative vision for our games in collaboration with managers and team.
- Experienced in mobile and free-to-play game design with a passion for evolving and innovating the user experience to entertain, retain, and engage players.
- Understands importance of player data analysis and able to propose and implement feature and content changes to improve a game’s key performance indicators.
- Takes pride in the craft of making exceptional games and embraces the responsibility for pushing the quality and success of each game and motivates the team accordingly.
- Appreciates that the team’s and company’s success is determined by the timely delivery of exceptional, optimised games and game updates and is committed to achieving each product goal accordingly.
- Actively researches and keeps up to date with new games, industry and market trends, platform and OS changes, and best practices with a view to improve existing games and help innovate with future games.
The job is based in Dundee, Scotlans.