Senior Front-End Engineer
RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we're looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
We are currently looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to be based in our Edinburgh office. We are looking for someone who wants to take on challenges and experience start-up life. You'll have an opportunity to work across our technology stack, develop new features, and be involved in the full product lifecycle from requirements-gathering and design, UX and wireframes, to coding and testing. Our office is at CodeBase, the largest technology incubator in Scotland, and our headquarters are in Santa Barbara, California.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, prototype and design interactive user interfaces.
- Test features on multiple browsers and look for ways to improve client-side performance.
- Contribute to our internal wiki and Design Kit.
- Quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution.
You'll be expected to have:
- Experience with at least one client-side MVC library or framework (we use AngularJS).
- Experience of integrating front-end code with RESTful APIs and web application frameworks.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: understanding of UX design approaches, patterns and techniques; JS build tools; Rails; CSS pre-processors; Amazon EC2/S3.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- We work in a fun office environment complete with weekly team lunches, and stocked snacks, and Friday pastry days.
- We travel to California once per year for the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup.
- We invest in good tools, whether it’s MacBook Pros, TravisCI, Slack, or GitHub.
- We spend every other Friday hacking on what we like; this is our iTime (innovation time), where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.
Sounds good? Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to lead the cloud computing revolution. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
RightScale supports diversity in the workplace and encourages women and people from underrepresented groups in software engineering to apply.