Technical Support Engineer
With RightScale, IT organizations can deliver instant access to a portfolio of public, private, and hybrid cloud services across business units and development teams while maintaining enterprise control. We are a well-funded start-up and have many well-known customers including Pearson International, NBC Universal, and Coty. We are based in Santa Barbara, CA, with satellite offices around the world including Orem, UT and Edinburgh, Scotland. We encourage independent thinking, hard work, creativity, and are looking for the best and the brightest to join us.
RightScale Services team is dedicated to support the company's growing vision of managing business-critical applications in a multi-cloud environment. The team adopts an effective technical support methodology and integrates business processes with efficient end-to-end services throughout customer's solutions development and deployment lifecycle, as well as providing the highest level of services support to business partners. Technical Support Engineers are the key to RightScale's superior customer service. Each team member needs to be independent, proactive, motivated, organized, responsible and perform well in this dynamic cloud-computing industry.
Support at RightScale is unique and requires support engineers with a vast range of knowledge to resolve cloud computing issues throughout each customer's project development and deployment lifecycle, collaborating work-effort within company's business units to meet the stipulated project milestone and timeline.
The candidate must be confident working as an individual and working well within a fast-paced team, have experience in managing customers and completing technical deliverables. The candidate is expected to be well versed in understanding IT system and network infrastructures, exercise good judgment and decision-making in all solution deliverables.
The candidate is a first responder to our customers' technical support needs, resolving or escalating as needed, and will report to the Service Director and maintain active interaction with other business units to enhance the service level quality for the global support operation.
The responsibilities for the Technical Support Engineer include the following:
- Maintain technical support best practices, workflows and compliances within team, business partners and customers.
- On-call paging rotation to provide 24/7 emergency technical support.
- Promptly respond to problems and questions within the requirements of the customer's service level agreement.
- Resolve or escalate customer queries with regards to the RightScale product set.
- Accurately report and track support tickets through the RightNow ticketing system.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communications; incident/problem management, change, escalation and recovery management.
- Contribute to the RightScale knowledgebase and other resources to help build the best customer experience.
- Work closely with the team and shared learning experiences to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
The ideal candidate has a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- At least 2 years of technical support services and customer management experience.
- Extensive experience working with web application services and technology.
- Substantial working knowledge of one or more of the following Cloud platforms: Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine (GCE), Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloud, OpenStack.
- Basic knowledge in project deployment and management activities.
Good technical knowledge in the following:
- 3-tier systems design architecture
- Linux systems administration for common distributions: CentOS, Ubuntu, SuSE, RHEL
- Open Source software installation, configuration and community support
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server troubleshooting skills and Web application support (apache)
- Basic database architecture, configuration and management (SQL Server and MySQL)
- Basic backup and recovery, redundant and high availability design architecture
- Scripting capacity in Bash, Ruby, Python or Perl
- Monitoring and networking knowledge of client/server technology
- All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
- Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good detail-oriented and problem solving skills- to quickly identify issues and know when to escalate them to higher authority
- Ability to adapt to a constrained schedule and perform under pressure
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
To apply please click here.