We are the UK’s fastest growing mobile app development company that brings together a diverse team of experts to deliver innovative digital solutions – including mobile design & build, and digital innovations labs – for leading enterprises such as KPMG, Ladbrokes, Standard Life, The Telegraph, and Waitrose.
The company has benefited from rapid growth (Times FastTrak 16th fastest growing company) led by a team of highly skilled and talented individuals. As a result of our continued expansion a new opportunity exists for a Senior Project Manager.
The candidate will report into the Head of Project Management and will be focused on delivering assigned projects from conception through the project life cycle to completion.
Purpose of role:
Leading CAFs largest (& varying) projects and programmes to their delivery. This will require coaching, collaborating and coordinating both within the project teams and CAF; and with the client.
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Team Management:
- Assist in project team development (while holding teams accountable for their commitments);
- Remove blockers from the team completing their work;
- Leveraging organization wide resources to improve capacity for project work (where applicable);
- Mentor and develop team members (where possible).
- Technical Skills:
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Product Owner Support:
- Support the Internal Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables;
- Supporting External Product Owner to prioritise realistic deliverables alongside timelines and dependency pressures;
- Manage stakeholder communications in a timely fashion;
- Implement an effective system of project governance.
- Team building:
- Promote empowerment of the project team by communicating individual accountability;
- Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution through constantly communication and collaboration;
- Encourage and support a sustainable pace of delivery while maintaining agreed quality levels.
- Ensure all personal and project activities meet with (and integrate with) organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
Skills, experience and person specification:
- In depth understanding of software development life cycle models within both Agile and traditional project management principles.
- Ability to blend frameworks where required to produce the best outcome for the client, the team and the overall project success.
- At least 5+ years experience successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to appreciate the problems highlighted by the development teams and to be able to identify and begin to work through complex project risks and issues – seeking support where needed.
- Ability to provide support to business analysts and collaborate with customers to help develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including collaborating and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Full understanding of the clients business needs, with the ability to establish/maintain customer trust and confidence.
- Solid understanding of project tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Office Tools
- Excellent levels of oral and written communications skills.
- Thorough awareness of problem-solving techniques and mitigation requirements.
- Ability to manage work within tight deadlines whilst managing own time, ensuring projects are delivered on time and in line with budget expectations.
- Acts quickly and can work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility.
- Performs effectively under pressure.
- Builds effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Emphatic communicator who is able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- 25 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Breakfast before 9am