Full Stack Software Engineer
Can you handle cutting edge technologies to deliver a great product? Have you got what it takes to become a technical co-founder of an innovative startup? Interested in improving a platform for the future of commissioned photography?
Findr is an early stage, funded business based in Edinburgh CodeBase. We’re building an online marketplace and recommendation engine to connect photographers directly with customers. We save customers time and money in their search for photographers and open up new opportunity for every photographer. We give everyone greater control over how they work and who they work with.
You’re an experienced developer seeking a new challenge. You’re looking for an opportunity to put your hard learned skills to good use and take ownership of a company’s technology needs. You will have strong technical ability and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced agile environment. You have a track record of developing innovative, interesting solutions and you are passionate about using technology to solve real life problems.
Initially this is a 6-month contract with a competitive salary based in our Edinburgh office. For the right person a successful contract would lead to a more senior role, a stake in the company and the responsibility to shape a world class development team with the skills required to build an intuitive, machine learning driven platform.
Please apply in writing to email@example.com
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated strong object-oriented design and coding skills in Ruby or equivalent languages.
- Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Advanced coding skills (profiling and performance optimisation).
- Linux command-line tools, shell scripts, operations.
- AWS Cloud experience (EB, EC2, S3, RDS +)
- Best-practice software engineering: Agile, version control, unit testing, TDD, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
- Design and architecture (design patterns, web services, high-scale, high-availability, multi-tier distributed systems).
- Custom API understanding and implementation
- Understanding or interest in image metadata and manipulation
- Understanding or interest of image recognition technology
- Understanding or interest of machine learning principles
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Co-operative team player
- Ability to communicate technical topics with both technical and business audiences
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for writing perfect software
- Results driven and ambitious