The Guest Information Book is dead! We’ve built its replacement in prototype and it works, now we need to build the real thing – want to help us?
Information apps is changing the way that holiday home owners communicate with their guests. We’ve built a prototype system which allows operators of short term accommodation to put all the crucial information their guest needs into a cloud based system which will then publish a white labelled app into the app store and google play. They have full control to change/update/add information at any time. We’ve proven the concept with a prototype and now the fun bit starts!
You are probably looking for a new challenge! You have good level of back end skills and are fairly comfortable working front end too. Most importantly you have product management experience and are comfortable in a role where you take responsibility for the team delivering on time and to budget. You are happy to work as part of a small team because you know that’s the best way to get things done. Working in a start-up doesn’t concern you, because you know it’s the best experience to be had. You are passionate about quality; it’s got to work in the real world. You have initiative and you can tell the boss no (sometimes!). Your track record is in developing products that work and solve problems.
Working with our current development team of two to build the new system from scratch. The specification will be detailed and there is still lots to learn. There will be feedback from our beta version to incorporate. If you have the skills to integrate our system with other’s APIs then that would be even better.
- Work in close collaboration with the CEO on requirement specifications
- Manage the development of the company's product
- Coordinate the work of the product development team
- Monitor progress and timescales and adjust plans to cater for unforeseen circumstances
- Oversee testing procedures and ensure that quality standards are met
- Empower and support members of the product development team
- Develop the company's product
- Design the overall architecture and ensure that the various components integrate smoothly together and that the system is scalable
- Research on the most appropriate technologies for developing specific functionalities
- Design, develop, and maintain various modules of the CMS (Backend development, frontend development, or both, depending on resources available and assignment of tasks)
- Evaluate and test the software and revise accordingly
- Document the process and code and provide support
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated strong object-oriented design and coding skills in Ruby or equivalent languages.
- Staff management
- Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Advanced coding skills (profiling and performance optimisation).
- Grunt/Gulp and Bower
- HTML5, LESS/SASS, Bootstrap 3
- Experience with AngularJS
- Building RESTful API’s
- Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Writing automated tests (unit/behaviour)
- Version Control
- Best-practice software engineering: Agile, version control, unit testing, TDD, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
- Design and architecture (design patterns, web services, high-scale, high-availability, multi-tier distributed systems).
- Ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
- The ability to discuss and justify your code with your peers/mentors
- Accurate planning of development timelines
- Delivery against timelines
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for creating amazing well tested software
- Curiosity for the latest technologies
To apply e-mail email@example.com.