Quality Assurance Manager
QA Manager – a newly created position for a Test / Quality Control professional to be instrumental in establishing the foundation for our ongoing quality assurance. If you have experience in testing across different environments including web, iOS, Android & Universal Windows environments we’d love to hear from you.
The Position (main purpose & objectives)
QA Manager to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before our products are deployed to customers. You will responsible for inspecting procedures, outputs and identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in testing and quality control, be a reliable and competent professional whose approval will be necessary for the continuation of a business life cycle.
This is a new role and an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be instrumental in establishing the foundation for our ongoing quality assurance.
Principal Responsibilities (key tasks / main responsibilities)
- Application quality assurance
- Performance and load testing
- Functional testing
- Writing and executing test scripts
- Testing in different environments including web, iOS, Android and Universal Windows applications
- Testing of our content management system and backend server functionality
- Documenting test results
- Communicating findings to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Working towards departmental and project deadlines
- Potential for some international travel to customers
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years proven experience in a similar, relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and standards
- Creating, writing and executing test scripts
- Experience with command line usage
- Multichannel testing across web, mobile and native applications
- Outstanding communication skills
- Attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Agile methodologies
- Reporting tools such as Jira
- Automated testing
- Non-functional testing
- Certification of quality control e.g. ISO 9000
- Security testing under PCI Compliant restrictions
Qikserve was founded in 2011 to develop mobile applications for the restaurant and hospitality industry. ‘Waiter in Your Pocket’ is a micro-location, self-ordering and payment services tool which allows Customers to order and pay for food and drinks at their tables with their smartphones or via kiosk terminals. Qikserve has forged commercial relationships with industry players Oracle Hospitality, formerly MICROS, which is the global leader in enterprise Point of Sale and leading payment engines, such as PayPal , to develop one of the few enterprise integrated applications of its type in the world.
Qikserve’s standard integration gives unique advantage to global hospitality chains who can now implement end to end, fully integrated, self-service solutions to their consumers within days.
The company has been successful in establishing leading big brand clients in Europe & the US and has also closed a recent venture capital investment round to underpin accelerated global growth. Having proven the concept and acquired funding the objective is now to grow distribution Channels, direct sales and continue to further develop the product.
Salary: Negotiable and based on experience
Location: Edinburgh with the potential of International travel
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV in the first instance with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.