Xi Engineering Consultants Ltd is a world class organisation which accelerates our clients’ product development and solves technical challenges. We work with robots, high end audio, exploratory technologies, medical devices, renewable technologies and systems, buildings, MEMS devices and many, many more interesting projects. We are proud to deliver quality work to our clients across the Globe forming partnerships which last years.
Based in Central Edinburgh, we live in CodeBase, the UK’s largest Tech incubator, home to more than 100 of the country’s best technology companies. It is a melting pot of ideas, technology, entrepreneurialism and drive.
Xi presents an exciting opportunity to work in an expanding company in a cutting edge
environment. The individual we seek should be highly motivated, have excellent people skills and be capable of self management. You will enjoy being a key part of our team while being individually responsible.
The successful candidate will be degree-level qualified in a Mechanical, Structural, or physics- related subject. You will have excellent technical skills, be capable of producing concise, thoroughly researched and technically comprehensive reports and proposals. You will have excellent writing skills and display an attention to detail.
- Numerical modelling using COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Signal processing and statistical analysis of data
- Validation of model output using data and industry standards
- Acquisition of measurement data such as vibration and acoustic information
- Reporting to clients in meetings and through written technical reports
- Extensive experience in numerical modelling. Use of COMSOL Multiphysics preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Matlab
- Sound knowledge of materials science and dynamics
- Good written English and ability to write concise technical documents
- Familiarity with acoustic and/or electro-mechanics
- Familiarity with signal processing and statistical techniques
- Familiarity with design optimisation techniques would be advantageous
- Genuine interest in physics and mathematics
- Ability to conduct field work in challenging environments, which may involve working at heights
- Fast learner able to apply knowledge across a range of industrial sectors
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experience in mathematical modelling
- MSc or PhD in engineering or physical sciences
- A full valid driver’s licence
- A valid passport
Xi Engineering Consultants Offering
- Challenging problems in designing state of the art solutions to dynamic engineering problems
- A chance to work across multiple technologies, industries and Countries
- Highly creative and qualified team of fellow engineers
- Career opportunity commensurate with personal success
- Friendly and interesting working environment in central Edinburgh
Please apply by 5PM Friday November 3rd to email@example.com with a covering letter and CV
For more information please contact
0131 290 2251