Fintech Compliance Assistant
ShareIn is an exciting Fintech company based in the heart of Edinburgh’s vibrant tech community, and we’re looking for someone to join our small but growing regulatory compliance team. This is an early-stage career post, and you will work with a compliance manager who will train and mentor you as you grow into the role.
Working for a rapidly growing firm, you will gain experience in a wide range of compliance aspects, from monitoring our Appointed Representatives to keeping policies and procedures up to date to helping ShareIn meet its obligations as an FCA regulated firm. A background in financial services, especially in compliance, is desirable but not essential. The role includes:
- Helping new clients understand their obligations from a compliance perspective
- Compliance monitoring tasks for existing clients
- Maintaining and updating the ShareIn Compliance Manual as appropriate
- Reviewing and approving our clients’ financial promotions
- Maintaining compliance and AML records in line with FCA guidance
Attributes we think are necessary to be successful and have fun in this role:
- One to three years’ experience in a post where you’ve had to follow detailed policies and procedures, possibly over several projects at a time, and then analysed and summarised your findings in writing – current team members have previously worked in audit, AML/KYC screening, and regulatory compliance
- A desire to learn about the alternative finance sector (specifically crowdfunding) in the UK and beyond
- A strong desire to use technology to improve a process
- Able to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Really organized
- A can-do attitude
- Always delivers on a promise
- Willing to muck in and help the team, even if it’s not your job
- Never scared to ask if you don’t understand
- Flexibility: Things move quickly at a start-up, and your tasks may evolve – we think that’s a good thing!
Importantly, we’re looking for someone who wants to do a good job, learn new things and who is open and honest. We’re an informal and friendly team, so your input will be appreciated and valued.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary £20K – £25k, depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday each year (pro-rata)
- The opportunity to be part of team that hear about really exciting projects that need our help every single day
- The chance to be in at the start of a high growth company in a high growth sector
- Best view from an office in the world
ShareIn started out as an equity crowdfunding platform and have morphed into a global technology provider of deal funding tools and solutions. Our clients span a range of sectors and fund a variety of amazing projects from renewable energy projects in Kenya to property developments in the UK and a lot in between.
ShareIn provides a positive, open and friendly work environment. We are looking for someone that really cares about what they are doing who can work independently. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to be part of a team that is shaking up traditional sources of finance.
If that sounds like you please get in touch.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 October 2017.
Strictly no agencies.