Fintech Compliance Assistant
ShareIn is an Edinburgh fintech startup that specialises in crowdfunding technology solutions. We help companies raise equity finance from their own website, and provide tools that firms can use to run their own crowdfunding platform. Our clients span a range of sectors, from pioneering businesses that install life-changing solar systems in Sub-Saharan Africa to property developments in the UK.
What would you be doing?
The Fintech Compliance Assistant role is an opportunity for an early-career professional to build skills in a rapidly-evolving area of financial services, by joining the regulatory compliance team in support of our Appointed Representative services solution.
You will gain experience in a wide range of compliance aspects, from monitoring our
Appointed Representatives to keeping policies and procedures up to date to helping ShareIn meet its obligations as an FCA regulated firm. A compliance manager will train and mentor you as you grow into the role, which includes:
- Helping new clients understand their obligations from a compliance perspective
- Compliance monitoring tasks for existing clients
- Maintaining and updating the ShareIn Compliance Manual as appropriate
- Reviewing and approving our clients’ financial promotions
- Maintaining compliance and AML records in line with FCA guidance
What attributes will be necessary to be successful and have fun in this role?
Direct regulatory compliance experience is not an absolute requirement; skills developed
through project administration or account management could be relevant. We’re looking
more for attributes and attitude:
- At the minimum: One to three years in a post where you’ve had to follow detailed policies and procedures, possibly over several projects at a time, and then analysed and summarised your findings in writing
- Curiosity: A desire to learn about the alternative finance sector in the UK and beyond
- A bit of fastidiousness: Really organized, capable of follow through, with a strong desire to use technology to improve a process
- Clear communication: Able to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility: Things move quickly at a start-up, and your tasks may evolve – we think that’s a good thing!
- A can-do attitude: You ask if you don’t understand something; muck in and help the team, even if it’s not your job; and you always deliver on a promise
What’s in it for you?
- Salary £20K – £25k, depending on experience
- 33 days holiday each year (pro-rata)
- The chance to be in at the start of a high growth company in a high growth sector
- The opportunity to learn and deepen skills in a growing field
- Best view from an office in the world
What do you do now?
ShareIn provides a positive, open and friendly work environment. We are looking for
someone who really cares about what they are doing and who can work independently.
Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to be part of a team that is
shaking up traditional sources of finance.
If that sounds like you please get in touch.
Kindly send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17 November.
Strictly no agencies.