Senior Business Development Manager
We are searching for an additional B2B Business Development Manager with a proven record of selling enterprise credit data services in the UK/US consumer and/or business finance sector.
This person will be responsible for ensuring our customers understand the value our services can deliver and that this is communicated to potential prospects.
You’ll have intimate knowledge of the UK credit data market and understand where existing services fail to meet customer requirements in a digital lending world.
As an experienced new business sales professional you will be confident of driving early and ongoing revenue traction of monthly and multiyear contracts.
- In the first year, book +£1m of new business revenue for Services, Monthly Subscription & Transaction Fees.
- Complex solution selling in an Enterprise environment to multiple stakeholders.
- Recording of activity, pipeline and conversions in SalesForce.com.
- Pipeline management supported by clear close plans.
- Ensure that accurate and robust forecasting is delivered each month.
- Working in partnership with Solution Delivery Leader to agree pre-sales and delivery management approach.
- Seasoned professional with a network of contacts in the UK consumer/business finance sector.
- Proactive contribution to driving improvement in sales approach and building a high performance team.
- Proactive lead generation and networking using LinkedIn Sales Navigator and relevant events.
- Reports to VP, Business Development.
- Minimum 5-years experience selling credit related data services to the UK consumer/business finance sector.
- Record of achieving and exceeding new business sales targets.
- Technology savvy and competent in MS Office/Salesforce.com CRM & Web based productivity tools.
- Strong relationship building and needs-analysis approach to solution selling within a new business team.
- Experience and ability to influence, manage and sell to organisations with multiple decision makers.
- Positive, driven, goal-setting, independent, self-starter, no-excuses attitude.
- Strong, proven closer.
- Plans and completes set tasks.
- Meets required standards putting in extra effort when under pressure.
- Handles several major tasks and strives to improve quality of results/service continuously.
- Focuses on priorities to drive new business performance
- Communicates with colleagues effectively by listening and sharing information.
- Exchanges information openly with colleagues and other groups.
- Consults and briefs others regularly, ensuring full understanding is achieved.
- Handles difficult situations confidently and removes restrictions to communication.
- Understands who the main customers are and the required standard of service.
- Assesses and reacts quickly to customer needs.
- Seeks feedback to enable setting of high standards.
- Anticipates change of customer needs and drives business to achieve them.
- Understands own role and does this well to help the business succeed.
- Understands own numbers and performance to drive market opportunity.
- Understand priorities and recognise commercial pressure to make cost-effective use of time and resource.
- Takes risks at competitive edge, pursues viable new business opportunities to improve profitability of business.
- Helps colleagues when required.
- Commitment to team initiatives and goals.
- Plays a positive role within team.
- Promotes inter-departmental relations, actively pulling together to deliver business objectives.
DECISION MAKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
- Seeks appropriate guidance when required.
- Analyses problems and makes confident decisions where precedent and full information is available.
- Analyses logically and selects solutions when faced with several options.
- Weighs up risks when analysing complex problems.
- Welcomes opportunities to broaden experience.
- Pursues own self development.
- Improves competencies by identifying and agreeing training needs.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement.
- Accepts need for change to retain competitive edge.
- Adapts with constant change to working practices
- Responds to change positively and acts accordingly, taking on board alterations to working practice.
- Proactively contributes ideas for change to meet business objectives.
For more information or to apply please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.