Back End Dev Publishing
Criton is the first DIY app builder for the hospitality industry and allows property owners, ranging from single vacation rental owners to big hotel chain owners to build their own mobile apps. The Distribution Squad will be fully responsible for the development, testing, and maintenance of the distribution system for publishing apps generated by the platform.
You will be part of this new Distribution Squad, a small and dynamic cross-functional team, where your role will be focused on the distribution of apps (for Android, iOS and Web) generated by the Criton platform.
The app publishing process (for iOS and Android) consists, among other things, of creating the builds for the apps, signing the builds with appropriate certificates, filling in metadata for the apps in the stores (e.g. description, support url, screenshots) etc.
The app publishing process used to be completely manual, which we rapidly realised, was unsustainable. A distribution system was built, which, as of now, automates roughly 60 % of the process.
We want to kick-start the distribution squad to expand the distribution system and make the process 100% automated. We also want to expand the distribution system to support distribution of Progressive Web Apps, and to support distribution of apps to different developer accounts.
Our tech stack for the back end consists of:
- Python frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django)
- Database technologies - MySQL, PostgreSQL, ORMs (SQLAlchemy)
We would also be looking for someone with experience of:
- RESTful APIs - design, implementation and documentation
- Familiarity with app publishing processes (App Store and Google Play Store)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (experience with Fastlane is a big plus!)
- Writing automated tests, Test-driven development
- Version control - Git, Bitbucket or Github
Experience in a similar back-end software development/DevOps role is essential.
Other desirable technical experience/skills includes:
- Computer security
- Proactive and versatile
- Ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the product development team to discuss and define requirements
- Willingness to take ownership and be accountable for one’s work
- Ability and willingness to continuously keep up-to- date with latest technologies and rapidly learn innovative technologies
- Strive for engineering excellence – write scalable, maintainable, efficient, and beautiful code
If you are interested in working for a start up where you will have a large say in the direction of the project and product, this is the role for you. If would like to apply please write stating why the role is of interest, any notice period and with your salary expectations and your CV. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org