Admissions Manager - Maternity leave cover (8 months)
CodeClan has an exciting opportunity for a confident individual who may be from a background in sales, marketing, recruitment or account management. The CodeClan Admissions Manager will be responsible for a complete admissions and recruitment function for all CodeClan Courses, with a predominant focus on the Professional Software Development Programme.
CodeClan is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to oversee the admissions programme for CodeClan’s courses on a fixed term basis. CodeClan are always striving to attract students from a variety of backgrounds and this role will be vital in ensuring that we reach as diverse a range of potential students as possible on all of CodeClan’s courses.
The position will enjoy taking on a wide variety of tasks targeted at attracting individuals and groups to all CodeClan’s courses. You will be responsible for managing the student recruitment and admissions processes for each of CodeClan’s courses from start to finish, with a significant focus on the 16-week Professional Software Development Porgramme.
You will be adept at thinking creatively and confident in using a variety of platforms including social media and data systems in your day-to-day activities. The position is a heavily customer focused role and will see you being the first point of call for people interested in CodeClan’s. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will also be required to work alongside the Marketing team to promote CodeClan courses to a wide range of individuals and groups and and support the execution of the marketing plan for student recruitment.
You will work collaboratively with other members of the CodeClan team – in particular the Head of Student Wellbeing, the Head of Curriculum and the Instructional team - to ensure that the admissions process supports the entry criteria requirements for our courses.
CodeClan have ambitious plans and would require an individual to support CodeClan’s growth by continually improving and developing systems and process. The applicant will need to have strong personal drive, a passion for working in a dynamic team environment, and be excited by the opportunity to help shape the future direction of CodeClan.
- To manage the admissions process for all courses from start to finish, ensuring that this process is managed in an efficient manner.
- To act as first point of contact for people interested in enrolling in any of CodeClan’s courses and provide support throughout the application and enrolment process.
- To maintain and utilise relevant data systems and undertake analysis to support decision making on student recruitment and admissions activity.
- To work across the various functions of CodeClan to develop and implement an admissions strategy that supports CodeClan’s strategic objectives and growth plans.
- To work alongside the Marketing team to inform and execute an effective marketing strategy that promotes CodeClan to as wide a target audience as possible.
- To follow up on marketing generated leads and be able to direct individuals into appropriate CodeClan courses.
- To set-up and manage promotional events to market CodeClan’s courses including internal information Sessions and external events.
- To liaise with Administration and Finance to ensure all relevant activities and processes are completed in line with CodeClan policies.
- To be responsible for the student function of the CRM and capturing/utilising data throughout the recruitment and enrolment process as well as ensuring all admissions related content is current on the website and other publications.
- To contribute to decision making on the student recruitment strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to relate to prospective individuals from a range of ages and backgrounds.
- Energetic and excited about what we do at CodeClan and aligned with the CodeClan values of Passion, Teamwork, Forward Thinking and Inclusion.
- Experience within an admissions or student recruitment role or sales experience in a similar education or training environment.
- Experience of using customer relationship management systems, databases and other platforms.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, able to work autonomously and prioritise own workload.
- Excellent planning skills and ability to meet ambitious targets within challenging deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written ; confident in presenting to large groups of people.
- Sales experience in a business to business context
- Knowledge of and an interest in the technology sector and/or an appreciation or understanding of working in a technical environment.
CodeClan is a not-for-profit social enterprise that was opened in Edinburgh in 2015 with the backing of Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and support of industry trade body ScotlandIS. CodeClan opened its second campus in Glasgow in early 2017 and has plans on further expansion in 2017/18.
CodeClan is Scotland's first accredited digital skills training academy and helps people primarily from non-technical backgrounds accelerate their careers into roles in the digital sector. Aligned with SDS’ ICT and Digital Technologies Sector Skills Investment Plan, CodeClan aims to address a significant digital skills gap primarily through the delivery of an immersive Software Development Programme and placing people into digital roles within the CodeClan Employer Community. CodeClan’s business model has a joint focus on both our Students and Employer Community.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 27th February 2017
No agencies please.