About Make it Social
Make it Social are recruiting for a talented Developer to join our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team. You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business. Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event ticketing, a group booking solution that they can integrate with their existing systems via APIs. Once integrated it not only captures the organic social group booker but it also opens up a host of opportunities with regards to marketing towards a new demographic. For our users, we are developing a social network that enables more offline social interaction with friends and family.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create client customised group booking areas to provided specifications.
- Help with the maintenance of current systems including bug tracking and fixing, primarily this will revolve around the frontend of the systems, however backend development may also be required from time to time.
- Plan and implement new features with the rest of the team.
- Contribute to the development of new and existing ideas.
- Act as a contact for support matters should clients have questions.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our developer area where clients can find documentation on our systems.
- Essential Skills
- Proficient in Polymer or at least 2 other popular frameworks
- Web Components
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Implementing designs in HTML / CSS
- Sensitive approach to data protection and handling confidential information
- Attention to detail and ability to produce work to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- Ability to integrate and operate well in a team environment
- Experience of unit testing
- Experience of Amazon Web
- Experience of cloud-based systems
- Babel, Gulp, Grunt scripting
- MySQL / MongoDB
- Writing S.O.L.I.D code
- Good email manner General Skills
- Able to cope with stressful situations with a mature and calm disposition at all times
- A strong commitment to delivering a genuinely world class product
- A willingness to learn new skills as required and undertake appropriate training
- A very positive attitude towards, and a desire for, working in a startup environment
- Internal: Developers and Designers
- External: Clients and External Developers
Date: Full time (core hours 10-4 with a further 2 hours a day Monday to Friday) starting April 2017. Some degree of flexibility around working hours may be required during busier times.
Salar: Negotiable depending on experience
Application Proces: To apply please e-mail a current CV with at least 1 reference and a covering letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Adam Alton, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the CEO and CTO will also have access to any applications and due to PCI-DSS requirements background checks (including criminal record check) will be required prior to final employment and any applicant will be informed if such a check is to take place.