Senior Software Engineer
We live in a convenience world where so much of what we want to do is online yet there is still so much we can't or don't want to do. Imagine opening a bank account not in weeks but in minutes, sharing your information in confidence and having control of your personal data and identity.
At The ID Co. our mission is simple. We want to create a layer of trust in the internet that doesn’t currently exist and solve one of the greatest challenges of our digital generation.
We have been on our journey as one of Scotland's leading FinTech start-ups for 5 years now and our platform is a vital component for major financial institutions around the world. With new customers, users and challenges every month - we are growing fast and looking for the best talent to join our engineering team in Edinburgh.
We pride ourselves on providing a creative and supportive work environment which allows our team to expand their technical horizons, whilst developing experience and responsibilities. We strongly believe in being the best by constantly improving our design, development and delivery practices. If you aren't already excited by concepts such as user centered design, continuous delivery and peer review/programming - you will be soon!
Working with our Agile (Scrum) team you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing our public RESTful API's, which are used by large financial services around the world. You'll be collaborating with our Product Owner, engineering team and customers to design these features from well scoped requirements which you will have helped to create. Day to day will include prototyping, building, testing and improving all features in the DirectID platform.
By delivering incremental blocks of functionality, using the latest technologies, you'll see your implementations through from start to finish and help to deliver real benefits to our customers quickly. Our product range is continually expanding and we'll be looking for your suggestions and to carry out research which will help us improve our products, technology stack and working practices.
We are a close team of passionate and driven individuals - are you? We have big aspirations and we hope that you do too!
Teamwork is a priority. Whether working with other engineers, with stakeholders or with our customers - you'll be constantly communicating and working collaboratively.
Your opinions matter, but so do the opinions of others. We encourage everyone, no matter their position, to be forthright with ideas and criticisms and to champion their beliefs into realities. This also means that we all have to be great listeners, able to take criticism constructively and help others in realising their objectives.
NEED TO HAVE.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Microsoft development stack
- Passion for web service design and development
- Experience with C# Web API Development (ASP.NET / MVC)
- Experience with Azure Web and Worker Roles
- Experience with Azure Service Bus
- Experience with SQL, Blob and Azure Table Storage
- Experience with automated testing
- Attention to detail
- Great communication skills
NICE TO HAVE.
- Experience working with FinTech
- Experience with secure coding techniques
- Experience with dependency injection
- Experience with Platform Security Services (Crypto and Key Management)
- Experience with oAuth
- Degree level qualification in a computing related subject
- Experience desiging and developing public APIs
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Challenge and a great team
- Competitive Salary
- Mentorship and training
- Beer o' Clock every Friday
- Most Valuable Players nominated by the team
- Monthly social activities like paintballing and chocolate tasting
- A great office and working environment
So if you are up for the challenge and doing something great to change how we trust and transact online, why don't you get in touch. Send us details of your portfolio to show us how you would be able to contribute to our team. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.