Community & Events Coordinator
We are looking for a Community & Events Coordinator to join our new team in Stirling. This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic individual who wishes to build on their existing events & programme skills in a vibrant startup hub environment. Excellent communication, a willingness to learn and adapt quickly and an ability to work effectively as part of a small team are all essential for this role.
CodeBase is the UK's largest technology incubator, taking early stage startups providing support and opportunities to help them grow. The CodeBase ecosystem includes co-working, events and training, mentoring and invited investor sessions. CodeBase Stirling is the first centre outside Edinburgh, based in the Old Municipal Buildings working in partnership with Stirling Council as part of the city’s Digital District development.
Working closely with the rest of the team, you will develop and build our community and events programme. Producing and delivering everything from initial contact with partners/collaborators, marketing, analytics and logistics on day. The types of events we currently host include workshops, lectures, meetups, networking, talks, hackathons, wellbeing classes, parties and showcase events - in short, a programme that’s fun, informative and interesting.
- Events organisation - working with partners/ speakers/ suppliers to create, produce and deliver outstanding events. You should be exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise your time effectively.
- Logistics - this is a hands-on role. You will coordinate and deliver all aspects of the events programme (room set-up, AV requirements, welcome guests/ attendees and be on hand during activities).
- Managing & working to an agreed events budget.
- Marketing - collaborating with our marketing coordinator to ensure the events programme is promoted, documented and featured.
- Administrative work – monitoring and evaluating programme attendance and event/partner feedback.
- Customer service - we are looking for a person with excellent interpersonal skills, friendly with a flexible “can do” attitude.
- Adaptability - we’re a small team, there may be times when we require support in other areas such as reception, general admin, or tenant related enquiries.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills – knowledge of the Google suite of tools desirable (docs, drive, calendar, groups).
- Ability to think on your feet and take initiative.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise, attention to detail and work to deadlines.
- Interest in/ an understanding of technology and creative industries desirable, although training can be provided.
Working hours: 35hrs a week. Although the job will mostly be 9am - 5pm, flexibility will be essential as many of our events go into the evening or start before 9am.
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th April 2017
Interviews taking place on 3rd May.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Apply: Send your CV and cover letter to Sally Lloyd firstname.lastname@example.org and quote "CodeBase Stirling - Community & Events Coordinator."