Dev Ops / System Admin / Engineer
BBI Solutions is a leading expert in immunoassay development and manufacturing services, and provides an extensive portfolio of products and technologies to the global diagnostic market. Our portfolio includes the Novarum reader; a powerful software tool that lets you read and share the results of diagnostic assays (including lateral flow tests) using nothing more than a smartphone.
As a business, we are currently embarking on a period of substantial growth and investment, and currently have the requirement to recruit a Systems Engineer into our growing Novarum team.
As the Systems Engineer, you will be required to establish and maintain systems infrastructure and support the mobile and web based software development teams.
Key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsibility for IT infrastructure (Backup & Disaster Recovery, Configuration Management, procedures, etc)
- Setup and management of Continuous Integration (CI) processes, i.e. Jenkins
- Maintenance of software lifecycle management tools, i.e. JIRA, Confluence.
- Management of server LINUX based infrastructure
- Ensuring internal and client server security requirements are achieved.
- Managing real time replication of multiple servers, and backups with disaster recovery.
- Managing deployment of applications (web and mobile) for clients including certificates etc.
- Working with team to support validation of processes.
- Working with the development team and management through continuous improvement.
As the Systems Engineer, you will be somebody who can work unsupervised and communicate effectively with your team, pears and customers. You will be required to take ownership of systems and will need the ability to apply your DevOps knowledge to mobile and web development lifecycles.
You will be somebody who is skilled in setting up and maintaining servers, proficient with JIRA and Confluence and will ideally hold the following Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience of leading in a systems role
- Demonstrable experience with mobile and web automation
- ITIL, or similar
- Demonstrable track record of setting up, managing and monitoring systems
- Continuous integration (using Jenkins)
- Configuration management (e.g. Bitbucket)
- Change management
BBI is a fast-paced and agile business, with a track record of growth, and the opportunity to influence and direct the business going forward. We deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. We look for our people to be active participants in BBI life, to make work fun as well as challenging.
To apply click here…