Image Processing Software Engineer
BBI Solutions is a leading expert in immunoassay development and manufacturing services, and provides an extensive portfolio of products and technologies to the global diagnostic market. Our portfolio includes the Novarum reader; a powerful software tool that lets you read and share the results of diagnostic assays (including lateral flow tests) using nothing more than a smartphone.
As a business, we are currently embarking on a period of substantial growth and investment, and currently have the requirement to recruit an Image Processing Software Engineer into our growing Novarum team.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a skilled image processor, keen to obtain a position with a clear path for progression.
As the Image Processing Software Engineer, you will be a key part of the R&D team who is responsible for the core image processing in Novarum DX reader technology.
Key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Strong capability for innovative and R&D solutions; capability of bringing those solutions to production
- Strong capability of problem solving using structured, efficient and performant methodology
- Maintain, optimize and further develop in house image processing and computer vision library software – design, prototyping, evaluation, production and release
- Mobile development from design, implementation and release to production
- Dynamic and fast paced software development
If you have an interest in the area, along with an MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar, then this could be the role for you!
You will be somebody who has industry experience or strong academic experience in image processing and computer vision and the following prerequisites will be requirements for the role:
- Proven software development in C based languages, Java and Python scripting)
- Expertise in Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Strong mathematical, statistical and optimisation experience and knowledge
- Strong experience and knowledge on numerical, scientific and machine learning tools (NumPY,SciPy,Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, MATLAB,…)
- Strong data scientist capability (consumption, analysis and evaluation of large amounts of datasets)
- Mobile development (both natively using Android SDK, iOS SDK and Xamarin)
- Strong concepts on code acceleration and optimization on computational expensive tasks in a mobile development context
- JSON/XML protocol knowledge
- Test Driven Software Development oriented
- Software versioning control experience using Git
- Knowledge/experience in continuous integration
- Experience on usage of software control tools like JIRA
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a technical mind-set, the ability to work to deadlines and excellent communication skills at all levels.
BBI is a fast-paced and agile business, with a track record of growth, and the opportunity to influence and direct the business going forward. We deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. We look for our people to be active participants in BBI life, to make work fun as well as challenging
To apply please click here...