Administrate builds an online training platform that helps training providers save time and increase their course bookings. Our mission is to make our customers’ training operations and training courses run more efficiently so they can focus more on what they do best and less on admin.
We are a quickly growing, young, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. Oh yeah, we also work a 4 day, 32 hour week, but we’ll pay you a 5 day wage.
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you have strong technical skills (maybe even did some programming), but your first love getting a well built product into a customer’s hands that makes them successful.
You’re a problem solver, but not afraid to take a step back and approach problems with an unusual twist.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something sucks you say why, and how to sort it, it doesn't matter who's being stupid. You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with smart people and hate mediocrity. Small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled. Bureaucracy is for someone else who likes wasting time and effort.
What You'll Do
The Product Manager is a full member of the product committee, and helps shape strategic direction for the company’s products. You’ll manage the product and delivery of product to our customers. You’ll be the key conduit that helps triage, define, and progress features for customers, both internal and external. You’ll work with our tech teams to make sure we that we’re clearly progressing our vision with everything we undertake.
- Work with clients, including internal clients to develop user stories that will help them solve problems and make them successful.
- Define and prioritize projects that solve customer problems and drive Administrate toward its strategic vision
- Provide internal training to Sales, Support and Marketing
- Facilitate the public release and documentation of new product and features.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent problem solving skills, you are able to look beyond the individual request to see the true need in the customer and how to solve it.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- You are both empathetic and practical, able to hear customer pain and identify the best solutions that provide the greatest value and bring Administrate closer to achieving its vision
- Experience working with agile software teams
- Humility - the only way to improve the product is through teamwork and you recognize that on your own you can deliver nothing to customers. Instead, you work to bring out the most of all the skills on the team.
- A nose for business - ultimately, we want to be solving more problems for more customers. You have a way of thinking beyond the problem in front of you toward how solutions can move a market.
Nice to have:
Experience with SaaS Training or LMS products
Solid experience of managing a complex, Business-to-Business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service product.
Technical skills that include familiarity with programming concepts and relational databases.
- Strong “systems thinking” skills and background.
Where We Are
We are located in the city centre of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. Our offices are in the Edinburgh CodeBase, at the heart of the Scottish startup scene.