Senior Integration Software Engineer
Date: Full time Monday to Friday (7 hours between 8am and 6pm with core hours 10am to 4pm) starting April 2017. Some degree of flexibility around working hours may be required during busier times.
Salary: £40k - £50k
Application Process: To apply please e-mail a current CV with at least 1 reference and a covering letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Adam Alton, at email@example.com. Please note that due to PCI-DSS requirements, background checks (including criminal record check) will be required prior to final employment and any applicant will be informed if such a check is to take place.
About Make it Social
Make it Social are recruiting for a talented Senior Developer to join our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team. You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business.
Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event ticketing, a group booking solution that integrates with their existing systems via APIs.
Once integrated the social group is open to a host of opportunities, geared to marketing towards a new demographic. For our users, we are developing a social network that enables more offline social interaction with friends and family.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented integration specialist, who is accustomed to system’s integration across topologies, protocols and languages.
● Can you write a distributed client-server application communicating over an asymmetric encryption channel?
● Can you adequately structure your code so as to manage variations in application-level protocol with minimal overhead?
● Is your work easy enough to understand such that a less senior maintainer would be able to make all necessary bug fixes?
● Are you able to communicate your ideas effectively, without having others feel misunderstood?
If you can answer yes to these questions, we’re looking for you.
Essential Technical Skills
● Proficient in at least 1 language in each of these domains - functional, imperative, scripting, declarative, procedural / CLI.
● More than 5 years experience in at least 3 of the above
● Extensive knowledge of HTTP, SOAP and REST
● 3 years working experience with GoLang
● Sensitive approach to data protection and handling confidential information
● Attention to detail and ability to produce work to a high degree of accuracy
● Ability to integrate and operate well in a team environment
Desirable Technical / Soft Skills
● Experience of Amazon Web Services
● Experience of cloud-based systems
● SQL & Mongo functions
● Good email manner
Character & Personality
● Able to cope with stressful situations
● A strong commitment to delivering a genuinely world class product
● A very positive attitude towards, and a desire for, working in a startup environment
Internal: Developers and Designers
External: Clients and External Developers