User Interface Designer
RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for bright, dedicated, and collaborative team members to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve complex problems.
Are you a User Interface Designer who considers it your duty to save users from dreary Windows forms and 90s-era enterprise software? Do you thrive on small, cross-functional teams working with cutting-edge cloud computing technology? At RightScale, we are creating a portfolio of projects to help enterprise IT managers manage their computing resources. We are looking for talented designers to ensure that our products display a clean, modern, and usable design that stands out in a sea of bland corporate software.
Working on the product team at RightScale, you will be driving the design direction for a cross-functional team of developers, product managers, and QA engineers. The design process is flexible: Sketch, Photoshop, or a well-worn sketchbook are fine. We do use several modern coding frameworks (Sass, Angular, etc.) to develop our front-end code, but we are always open to innovative new tools. The important thing is that you craft great designs that our users love.
Your day may include:
- Engaging in a collaborative design process with product managers, engineers, and UX designers.
- Sketching and mocking a new feature using modern design tools.
- Developing production-level HTML and CSS code for the RightScale platform.
- Building HTML-driven prototypes and working with UX designers to integrate them into the user research process.
- Assisting with the development of our growing design system.
Qualifications and experience we are looking for:
- An understanding of good, modern web design principles and a passion to build designs that users love.
- The capability to render and implement gorgeous visuals using modern design tools (Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Proficiency with HTML 5 and CSS 3 (Sass experience is a plus).
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with UX research processes.
- Experience launching several successful web applications or websites.
- Experience conducting user research is a plus.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- Competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options.
- Regular social events, including the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup in sunny Santa Barbara, California.
- A welcoming, informal office environment complete with Monday lunches, Friday pastries, and snacks.
- Friendly football, board games, and video games including our favourite, Mario Kart.
- The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time).
If this sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you. RightScale supports diversity in the workplace and encourages women and people from underrepresented groups in software engineering to apply.