Dev Ops / Systems Engineer
We live in a convenience world where so much of what we want to do is online yet there is still so much we can't or don't want to do. Imagine opening a bank account not in weeks but in minutes, sharing your information in confidence and having control of your personal data and identity.
At The ID Co. our mission is simple. We want to create a layer of trust in the internet that doesn’t currently exist and solve one of the greatest challenges of our digital generation.
We have been on our journey as one of Scotland's leading FinTech start-ups for 5 years now and our platform is a vital component for major financial institutions around the world. With new customers, users and challenges every month - we are growing fast and looking for the best talent to join our engineering team in Edinburgh.
We pride ourselves on providing a creative and supportive work environment which allows our team to expand their technical horizons, whilst developing experience and responsibilities.
We strongly believe in being the best by constantly improving our design, development and delivery practices. If you aren't already excited by concepts such as Agile/Lean methodologies, continuous delivery and merging the worlds of creation and operations - you will be soon!
Engaging directly with our Engineering, Customer Service and Management Teams - you will provide a key role in operating and maintaining the automation, resilience and security of our SaaS platform.
As an exciting opportunity to be involved in the evolution of our operations capabilities, you will be involved throughout the project lifecycle. You will be fundamental in designing and implementing solutions which will aim to improve the delivery of our growing platform, to streamline our development lifecycle and support the business.
You will develop and maintain mission critical backup and security systems whilst developing further our continuous delivery, versioning and information systems using the latest technology stacks and methodologies.
We are constantly looking for ways to evolve in every area of our business, and as an open and trusting organisation we'll be continuously looking to you for suggestions which will help us improve our products, technology stack and working practices across the board.
We are a close team of passionate and driven individuals - are you? We have big aspirations and we hope that you do too! Teamwork is a priority. Whether working with other engineers, with our customer service team or with project stakeholders - you'll be constantly communicating and working collaboratively.
Your opinions matter, but so do the opinions of others. We encourage everyone, no matter their position, to be forthright with ideas and criticisms and to champion their beliefs into realities. This also means that we all have to be great listeners, able to take criticism constructively and help others in realising their objectives.
NEED TO HAVE.
- 3+ years experience in systems administration
- Passion for technology and a drive for continual self growth
- Passion for the System Administration / DevOps movement and further evolution of the IT service landscape
- Experience with maintaining, deploying and configuring at least one server side operating system (we use Windows Server and Linux)
- Experience with a wide range of technologies such as: LDAP solutions (we use Active Directory); CLI tools and basic automated scripting (Poweshell, Bash, Perl); TCP/IP networking (and a working knowledge of the OSI Model); Site-To-Site and Site-To-Point VPNs; virtualization technology (HyperV, VMWare, XenServer, RHEV)
- Experience working with and improving highly scalable and highly available services
- Experience working in and improving effective Change procedures
- Experience maintaining and improving effective backup solutions for mission critical systems and a working knowledge of disaster recovery / business continuity strategies
- Experience in maintaining and improving effective monitoring solutions for mission critical systems
- Experience in maintaining and improving network perimeter security and a working knowledge of basic security concepts
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Attention to detail
- Great communication skills
NICE TO HAVE.
- Experience with Cloud Service providers (Microsoft Azure or AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Delivery methodologies and technologies
- Experience with Version Control systems (we use Git)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Chocolatey)
- Experience with automated system provisioning, configuration and compliance
- Experience with build systems for both compiled and interpreted high level programming languages
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Challenge and a great team
- Competitive Salary
- Mentorship and training
- Beer o' Clock every Friday
- Most Valuable Players nominated by the team
- Monthly social activities like paintballing and chocolate tasting
- A great office and working environment
So if you are up for the challenge and doing something great to change how we trust and transact online, why don't you get in touch. Send applications to email@example.com.