Senior Development Engineer
A Senior Development Engineer to build software for Police customers.
Cyan Forensics is a start-up helping police investigators find evidence faster - replacing software that takes hours or days with software that gives results in minutes. By speeding up investigations into indecent images of children and terrorism, we are improving safety for all.
Based in CodeBase, the company is a year old, and has received two rounds of investment. You will be joining the team of 5 staff at an exciting time as customers are adopting our first products and we are seeing excellent customer engagement with future products, especially those helping police services share intelligence.
We are looking for a development engineer to help us to scale the size of the databases we use, and build integrations with third party intelligence sharing systems and databases.
Development is mostly in C# managed using an agile process adapted to deliver on our
customers priorities – forensic integrity, high performance, and positive user experience.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy learning about our customers and technology, is excited by the opportunity to grow with the company, and shares our values around doing the right thing for the customer.
Requirements. The skills and experience we’re looking for include:
- Strong fundamental understanding of computer science
- Familiarity developing for Windows Server and SQL Server
- Experience in an object orientated programming language (preferably C# or C++)
- Database design, implementation and management
- Experience of Agile Development Techniques
- Experience at all phases of the development lifecycle and development techniques (using version control, unit testing, etc.)
- Software Architecture
Additional Experience in one or more of the following would be valued:
- SaaS / Cloud implementation
- Cyber Security or Digital Forensics
- Familiarity of working with hardware (e.g. low level disk access to hard drives)
- User Interface Design
- Linux development experience
Will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience. The company matches up to 5%
Applying for the Role
Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a skills test, and a face to face interview.
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
To apply email Ian at email@example.com