Senior Software Engineer (Mobile)
As a Senior Software Engineer (Mobile) at Bemo you will be working as part of an agile
development team comprising some of the best iOS and Android engineers and designers in the country. Within that team, you will be:
- The go to person for solving hard mobile problems
- Actively researching emerging best practice for all things mobile
- Advocating techniques for debugging complex issues on Android or iOS
While we anticipate the successful candidate may initially be more proficient on either
Android or iOS, we are looking for a candidate that is willing to develop mobile software
across both platforms should client projects require it.
- 1 years team leadership
- 3 years professional Android or iOS experience (or equivalent transferrable experience)
- 5 years total software experience, with emphasis on object oriented programming
- Broad experience with Android or iOS core libraries & popular 3rd party libraries with a deep level of knowledge on one of these native platforms. Xamarin experience a bonus but not required.
- For exceptional candidates we will consider cross training a non-mobile senior software engineer onto the mobile tech stacks
Key Candidate Skills
- Take leadership and responsibility for the technical delivery of one or more projects.
- Guide, lead and facilitate the direction of the team; sharing responsibility and ownership in balance with the group’s needs and capabilities.
- Engage with the team – building and nurturing them as well as ensuring they are focused on the task at hand.
- Help manage the technical risks and debt and help build delivery plans
- Agile mindset - willing to challenge
- Communicative constructive team player
- Continuous integration and test experience
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience
- Working part of an Agile – SCRUM team
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Dedication to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- An overall well-rounded engineer
Bemo is a small but growing design and build agency specialising in mobile and emerging
tech. We work with household names such as BBC, Tesco Bank, STV, Udacity, PwC and the
Scottish Government. You will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a
team that is smart and friendly while delivering work that you can be really proud of. There is a real opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark in this innovative and forward thinking company.
Bemo’s core values are Brilliant Work, Honesty, Ownership, Learning and Respect. We
expect all our team members to get excited about working in a company with these values at it’s heart.
- Attractive salary package
- Performance related bonus
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Regular socials
- Relaxed and fun office environment overlooking Edinburgh Castle
- Monthly lunch & learns
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
Living and Working in Edinburgh
Bemo are based in CodeBase, Europe’s largest Tech Accelerator situation in the heart of the historic city of Edinburgh. Long recognised as one of the world’s cultural and academic treasures, Edinburgh has recently emerged as the UK’s second city in terms of technology companies and also frequently tops lists of the world’s greatest places to live and work.
To apply email email@example.com