Sales and Marketing Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Sales and Marketing Engineer to join our team to help communicate the value of our unique space software products and services and to help broaden our customer base in both domestic and international markets.
As a key member of our business development team you would be responsible for interacting with customers at all stages of our business. This includes pre-sales, through the sales process and then continuing on to support customers post-sales, which may involve interacting with other engineers in our team. This will involve the coordination and preparation of marketing material, both print and online, attendance at trade shows and visits to customer sites.
A crucial part of the role is understanding customer mission requirements and operational concepts (ConOps) and being able to communicate how our products and services can address those problems; for this reason space systems knowledge and/or experience in the space industry could be important.
We see the following as essential to the job:
• Strong communications skills in both written and spoken English, both for internal and
external, customer facing, interactions
• Knowledge of, or exposure to, the sales process in a commercial environment
• The ability to synthesise a broad understanding of technical subjects, including our
software products and services
• Creation and presentation of copy for marketing material
• An understanding of software concepts and software engineering
We're looking for a dynamic and motivated engineer to join our team. We're especially looking for someone who:
• Enjoys problems solving and balancing the pragmatic and practical with the abstract
• Works well both independently and in a team as part of a fast-paced technical
• Has an eye for detail and the visual layout/design of material
• Is interested in learning new skills and is open to new ideas and ways of working
The following skills would definitely be a bonus:
• Knowledge of, or exposure to, space systems in either a commercial or academic
• Design and/or layout of marketing material such as leaflets and flyers
• Writing technical proposals, either in a commercial or academic setting
• Synthesising technical material into presentations and papers for conferences
• Experience in performing requirements analysis and extraction based on formal and
• Systems engineering experience
• Programming and software engineering experience
About the job
We're ideally looking to employ someone full time, although this is negotiable. Salary will be in the range of £20k-£40k+, depending on experience, with 30 days of holiday per annum and a 6% employer's pension contribution. We have offices in Edinburgh and Dundee and this role could be filled in either location, although a certain amount of inter-site travel may be required.
Given the nature of the job, and the global nature of the space industry, it is likely that
substantial domestic and international travel will be required. All applicants should have the right to work in the UK.
As a member of the Bright Ascension team you would have a stake in the business through our Employee Benefit Trust which owns 20% of our business.
We are a young, innovative company changing the way that software is developed in the space industry. With customers across the world, ranging from universities and space agencies, to commercial organisations and start-ups, our core technologies enable our customers to develop and operate space-based systems and services faster, cheaper and more reliably.
Innovation is at the heart of what we do and it is our team which drives that innovation; this is reflected in our commitment to employee ownership, which gives all of us a voice, and a stake, in our current and future success.
Read more: www.brightascension.com
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org