We are looking for a Reception Administrator to join our team in Stirling. This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic individual with a strong customer focus to support and work across a range of reception and community activities in a vibrant startup hub environment. Excellent communication, a willingness to learn and adapt quickly and an ability to work effectively as part of a small team are all essential for this role.
Working closely with the rest of the team, you will have significant administrative experience, excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail. The Reception Administrator will be the oracle of Codebase, providing information and assistance to tenants, collaborators and customers over the phone and face-to-face. In addition to reception duties, the role will include support of our programme and community activities working with our Community & Events Coordinator.
Your new role will involve:
- Meeting and greeting visitors and assisting them to ensure that they have a great experience at CodeBase.
- Answering, screening, and forward incoming phone calls while providing information when appropriate.
- Booking and preparing meeting rooms, dealing with tenant enquiries, receiving & sorting mail, and helping to maintain security by following procedures.
- Supporting the Community & Events Coordinator with event set up, running, and logistics.
- General administrative duties.
To succeed you will need to:
- Be an organised individual who is a fast learner
- Have experience of dealing with members of the public and customers
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be punctual, from time to time your responsibilities will include opening up the morning you will be required to arrive on time, every day
- Have good basic IT skills
- Be able to think on your feet and take initiative
- Have the ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Creative, willing to propose, explore and develop new ways to promote our offering and engage with our tenant community
- Be process driven and enjoy creating successful processes
- Have the ability to organise, multitask, and prioritise
- Be self-motivated with an ability to solve problems independently
The following would be desirable:
- An interest in technology and digital industries
- Knowledge of the Google suite of tools desirable (docs, drive, calendar, groups)
- Knowledge of Stirling and the local area around CodeBase
- An interest in events with a focus on younger education
What you will get in return
Working hours: 35hrs a week, 9.00am-5.00pm, some days may require a later start / end and some weekend working may be required, flexibility will be essential as many of our events may take place outside of office hours. Time off in lieu will be given for any additional hours.
How to apply
To apply please e-mail a current CV with at least 1 reference and a covering letter to the Head of CodeBase Stirling, Adam Alton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 24th September 2018 at 5pm with interviews to be held the following week.
CodeBase is the UK's largest technology incubator, taking early stage startups providing support and opportunities to help them grow. The CodeBase ecosystem includes co-working, events and training, mentoring and invited investor sessions. CodeBase Stirling is the first hub outside Edinburgh, working in partnership with Stirling Council as part of the city’s Digital District development.