SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
A Senior Software Developer to build software for Police customers.
Cyan Forensics is a start-up helping police investigators find evidence faster - replacing software that takes hours or days with software that gives results in minutes. By speeding up investigations into indecent images of children and terrorism, we are improving safety for all.
Based in CodeBase, the company is two years old, and has received nearly £1.5m investment in less than two years. You will be joining the team of 8 staff at an exciting time as customers are adopting our first products and we are seeing excellent customer engagement with future products, especially those helping police services share intelligence.
We are looking for a senior software developer to come in and work in our development team. We need to develop a high-quality product to satisfy our customer and underpin future developments. Development is mostly in C# managed using an agile process adapted to deliver on our customers priorities – forensic integrity, quick results, and good user experience.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy learning about our customers and technology, is excited by the opportunity to grow with the company, and shares our values around doing the right thing for the customer.
Requirements: The skills and experience we’re looking for include:
- Strong fundamental understanding of computer science
- Experience in an object orientated programming language (preferably C# or C++)
- Experience at all phases of the development lifecycle and development techniques (using version control, unit testing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of maths, particularly statistics and probability
- Ability to learn new technologies and exploit them to further our companies’ goals
Additional Experience in one or more of the following would be valued:
- Experience developing C++ on Linux
- Cyber Security or Digital Forensics
- User interface design
- Software Architecture
- Database design
- Familiarity of working with hardware (e.g. low-level access to hard drives)
Dependent of skills and experience. In addition, there is an employee share option scheme, the company matches up to 5% pension contribution, and there are opportunities for flexible and remote working.
Applying for the Role
Our application process will involve an initial telephone chat, a skills test, and a face to face interview.
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
To apply email Ian at email@example.com