Product Sales Manager
Who We Are
Administrate builds an online training platform that helps training providers save time and increase their course bookings. Our mission is to make our customer’s training operations and training courses run more efficiently so they can focus more on what they do best and less on admin.
We are a fast growing, young, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision.
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you have strong technical skills (maybe even did some programming), but your first love getting a well built product into a customer’s hands that makes them successful.
You’re a problem solver, grounded in reality, but not afraid to take a step back and approach problems with an unusual twist.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something sucks you say why, and how to sort it, it doesn't matter who's being stupid. You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with smart people and hate mediocrity. Small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled. Bureaucracy is for someone else who likes wasting time and effort.
What You'll Do
The Product Manager is a full member of the product committee, and helps shape strategic direction for the company’s products. You’ll manage the product and delivery of product to our customers. You’ll be the key conduit that helps triage, define, and progress features for customers, both internal and external. You’ll work with our CTO and Tech teams to make sure we stay on schedule, that we have a schedule, and that we’re clearly progressing our vision with everything we undertake.
- Work with clients, including internal clients to develop user stories that will help them solve problems and make them successful.
- Run the weekly product committee.
- Work with the CEO and CTO to plan the Weekly Sprint and keep our strategic goals and roadmap updated.
- Keep the product feature matrix up-to date
- Provide internal training to Sales, Support and Marketing
- Facilitate the public release and documentation of new product and features.
What You’ll Need
- Solid experience of managing a complex, Business-to-Business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service product.
- Technical skills that include familiarity with programming concepts and relational databases.
- Strong “systems thinking” skills and background.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Experience interacting with customers at an executive or “C-Suite” level.
- Experience of managing a technical team.
Where We Are
We are located in the city centre of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. Our offices are in the Edinburgh CodeBase, at the heart of the Scottish startup scene.