Software Quality Engineer
We’re all about eliminating wasted effort. We don’t believe people’s valuable time should be spent on tasks that can be done more efficiently and effectively by software. So we created Braid, our intelligent planning platform.
Our customers are large Professional Services organisations and teams. They use Braid to plan, schedule, and run their projects in a way that achieves the highest levels of customer satisfaction, profitability, and employee happiness.
Why we’re hiring
Braid has undergone rapid improvements recently thanks to the super-human efforts of our Product Development team. But as Braid expands and our team grows, so do the chances of defects creeping in. We need to maintain (and automate) tight control of quality so that we can continue to move quickly. That’s where you come in.
As a Software Quality Engineer, your job will be to improve and maintain the quality of Braid. That of course involves testing, but you’ll also have the autonomy to think bigger than that, about how we work and what tools we use. As a member of the DevOps team, your ultimate goal will be to automate as much as possible so that comprehensive testing happens by default and our Product Development team can be as effective as possible.
What you will do
- Test new functionality with reference to a specification (but more importantly by putting yourself in our customers shoes).
- Code and maintain automated tests to catch issues as soon as those pesky developers create them.
- Feedback to other members of the team where you find things that aren’t quite right.
- Investigate the root cause of bugs or performance issues, whether identified by yourself or others.
- Extend our build pipeline to broaden and deepen our test coverage.
- We don’t have all the answers, what do you think we can/should do to improve quality?
- Unwavering in your need for things to be done right.
- Great at asking awkward questions, kindly.
- Always learning new things, and keen to share your ideas of how we can be better.
- Comfortable challenging and raising issues at any level.
- Able to code and script.
- Bonus points if you have
- A sixth sense (or alternatively some experience) that allows you to zero-in on the best way to break software.
- Used front-end and back-end testing frameworks in a commercial environment.
- Worked in (or with) the Professional Services industry.
We are a small but growing company. We are a minnow selling to whales, and that sometimes brings high-pressure situations. But we love our fun, flat and friendly workplace, where we are welcoming to all.
This is your opportunity to “get in at the ground floor” of our DevOps team and introduce and influence the quality mechanisms we need to meet the high standards of our customers and ourselves. Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your CV and cover email.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to Elena at firstname.lastname@example.org