Front-End/Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a Front-End / Full Stack Engineer to join our growing and talented team where you will apply your solid software development skills to our innovative, engaging and enjoyable games across the mobile and social gaming landscape. As part of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for developing and managing our internal web apps that operate our cloud-based game servers ensuring their integrity and manageability.
We are looking for a mid-level Front-End / Full Stack Engineer with the ability to learn quickly. We will also consider junior front-end developers with good experience with React. Without a doubt, the number one attribute you must possess is a fantastic attitude.
Areas of Delivery
- Utilise common front-end web technologies to develop and test web applications to allow us to run and operate our games with ease and integrity.
- Interact with others teams to understand their requirements and then design user interfaces to meet those requirements.
- Document the makeup of your software, so it can be maintained by others in the team.
- Deploy and operate your code in a Production environment.
Who we're looking for
- Fantastic attitude - no problem is too difficult and no work is too simple with a willingness to pitch in when times are tough.
- Excellent team player who can learn from and share their knowledge with others.
- Have an appreciation for mobile games and technologies.
- Be degree qualified in Computer Science or similar, or with excellent experience.
- Excellent experience consuming APIs (both RESTful and non-RESTful) using AJAX and JSON.
- Experience and knowledge of other front-end technologies, such as Sass, Less, Stylus, TypeScript, ClojureScript, Bootstrap, Foundation, Flex(box), Compass.
- Experience with testing technologies, such as Mocha and Chai.
- Solid experience working with customers to understand, document and agree requirements.
- Experience working with customers to design responsive user interfaces.
- Experience with the full development lifecycle, including agile development environments and continuous delivery – you must not only have developed the software, but you should have deployed it and operated it in a Production environment too.
- Experience with React is desired, however, knowledge of and experience with other front-end web frameworks will be taken into account.
- Experience with Linux server administration and scripting is desired, preferably Ubuntu or Debian, but once again, we're happy to speak with you if you have other server-based Linux distro skills.
- Knowledge and experience developing server-side with Node.js would be a bonus.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms, such as Rackspace or Azure is a bonus.
- Experience with CMSs, such as Expression Engine, Craft, Wordpress an advantage.
Why join us?
Besides a great remuneration package, you will get:
- A chance to have a direct, tangible and significant impact on developing and operating software that delivers on a global scale.
- A collaborative, autonomous and relaxed environment that is focused on results.
- A technical environment where you will be challenged.
- A set of benefits that reward you for your contribution to the company including shares, healthcare and dental cover.
Outplay Entertainment is a successful venture-backed games developer delivering fun, free and innovative games across a wide range of social and mobile platforms.
We create our own products with the fun, fast and social games that we produce mirrored in our studio culture. Outplay is a responsive, fast paced and dynamic company with a focus on quality and innovation.
Our teams comprise of people who are innovative, agile and able to refine processes and ideas in the work they deliver. Our doors are open to the industry’s top and emerging talent – if you can bring the Outplay energy to our studios we’d love to hear from you!