Join our small, growing team of talented and professional AI programmers. We need experienced AI developers who recognise the common threads in each client’s challenges, and help us build solutions that advance our product, not just the case in hand. Help us develop Kythera towards our ambitions and apply it in our partners’ exciting titles.
You will create both high-level behaviours for our clients, and systems within Kythera to support them. You will work flexibly with the rest of the team and directly with developers at our clients’ studios, writing code for the core Kythera environment, and the AI and game code specific to each project. Clients often look to us to help on behaviour design, so your creative input will be needed too.
We expect a great deal of initiative from each team member, as well as professionalism in working directly with our clients’ own developers. In return, we offer every member of the team great trust, responsibility and transparency. You will help achieve industry-leading results in AI, as well as help define direction for our product. We will make sure you have everything you need to do that, and to pursue your own direction too.
- Design and build high-level behaviour for and with our clients
- Design and build the base functionality required within Kythera
- Communicate directly with clients via email, Skype and occasionally on-site
- Support clients through bug fixing and game code customisation
- At least 4 years' experience of commercial games development
- 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent
- Significant experience related to AI
- Good degree in a related subject, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics (equivalent to or better than a 2:1 Honours in the UK)
- Excellent C++
- Excellent understanding of the challenges in modern game AI
- Good knowledge of modern hardware and software architectures and trends
- Experience with Unreal and Unity an advantage
- Full-time permanent role based in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Start date flexible
- Relocation allowance and visa assistance
At Moon Collider we expect to pay a good salary to attract more experienced developers. Money isn’t everything, but we know it matters.
For candidates from abroad, ask us for information on living costs, taxes and health services in Edinburgh and the UK.
Apply with a CV to email@example.com