itison, Scotland's Online Business of the Year 2014, is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Front-end Developer to join our Development team.
Based in our headquarters in Glasgow's city-centre, this role will see you working within our small Development team to achieve an excellent user experience on itison.com and our associated websites. As a valued part of our team you’ll be able to help bring ideas and designs into working features and sites, as well as proactively spotting issues, suggesting improvements and implementing changes.
Working on our own sites is different to agency work - the number of sites you'll be working on is fewer, but with more than 800,000 members it offers an excellent and equally rewarding opportunity to develop and enhance people's day-to-day experiences.
Skills and responsibilities
- You have a minimum of 2 years professional experience in a front-end development role.
- Experience implementing responsive design.
- An understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform development.
- You'll be responsible for working across each of our customer-facing and business-facing sites, taking designs to finished, responsive front-end builds.
- You'll be responsible for building and testing HTML email templates which will reach over half a million inboxes in the morning.
- You should be enthusiastic about front-end and look for opportunities to improve your own skills to create an excellent user experience across our sites.
The following would be ideal, but not essential
- Experience using version control systems - we use Git.
- Ruby on Rails experience. We don't expect this, but all of our sites are built on RoR so any familiarity would be excellent.
- Full-time position in our new Development & Design office within our Glasgow city-centre headquarters.
- Competitive salary based upon skill & experience.
- Learning grant for personal study, in addition to ticket expenses for your choice of conference.
- Private healthcare, and participation in Childcare Voucher scheme and Cycle 2 Work tax-free bike scheme.