RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
Our engineering team is seeking a Front-End Engineer with strong communication skills to actively participate in an agile software development lifecycle. This position is based in Edinburgh at CodeBase, the newest and largest technology incubator in Scotland. Check out the RightScale Engineering Blog (eng.rightscale.com) to see what our team is working on.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with designers, backend engineers, test engineers, and product managers to prototype and ship new features.
- Test features on multiple browsers and look for ways to improve client-side performance.
- Contribute to the RightScale Wiki and help build the best customer experience.
- Quickly triage problems, determine root cause, and drive resolution.
You'll be expected to have:
- Experience with at least one client-side MVC library or framework (we use AngularJS).
- Experience of integrating front-end code with RESTful APIs and web application frameworks.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: understanding of UX design approaches, patterns and techniques; JS build tools; Rails; CSS pre-processors; Amazon EC2/S3.
Some of the perks you’ll enjoy include:
- Competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options.
- Regular social events, including the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup.
- A welcoming, informal, family-style office environment complete with Monday lunches, Tuesday bagels, and snacks.
- Yoga, core workouts, ultimate Frisbee, and beer on tap (Santa Barbara office).
- Friendly football and video games including our favorite, Mario Kart (Edinburgh office).
- Good tools, whether it’s MacBook Pros, TravisCI, Slack or GitHub.
- The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers.
- Encouragement and support for professional growth through ongoing learning opportunities both inside and outside RightScale.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join the cloud computing experts and help us lead the IT revolution, apply today.
RightScale supports diversity in the workplace and encourages women and people from underrepresented groups in software engineering to apply for this position.