Job Title: Junior Developer
Type: 1 year fixed term with the potential to be extended
Dates: Full time (9-5 Monday to Friday) from Monday 6th July 2015
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Deadline: 5.00pm on Friday 26th June 2015 (interviews will be held in the following week)
To apply please e-mail a current CV with covering letter to the Head of Operations, Adam Alton, at email@example.com
About Make it Social
Make It Social are recruiting for a talented Junior Developer to join our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team. Our mission is to 'Make the World a Truly Social Place' and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing startup company with rapid worldwide growth plans. You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business. Make It Social, in its current form, consists of a widget that is plugged into a range of websites in order to allow their customers to make a booking, as a group, hassle free. With the upcoming release of our new and improved product, which has been rebuilt from the ground up using feedback from our first version, we are looking for someone who is able to maintain and develop both the current and future systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Help with the maintenance of current systems including bug tracking and fixing, primarily this will revolve around the frontend of the systems, however backend development may also be required at times.
- Plan and implement new features.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas.
- Act as a contact for support matters should clients have questions.
- Help with the development of a new developer area which will give details of our new APIs.
- Help in the creation and maintenance of detailed documentation of our current and new systems.
- HTML5 and CSS
- Ability to plan and prioritise.
- Ability to integrate and operate well in a team environment.
- Sensitive approach to handling confidential information.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to cope with stressful situations with a mature and calm disposition at all times.
- Self motivated
- A willingness to learn new skills as required and undertake appropriate training.
- A very positive attitude towards working in a startup environment and a strong desire to work for us and to help support future developments to reach consistent standards of excellence.
- A strong commitment to delivering a genuinely world class product.
- Python and Django
- Mobile apps
- Experience of unit testing
- Experience of cloud based systems
- Good email manner
Internal: Senior Developer, UX Manager, and Head of Operations
External: Clients and External Developers