Working for the Head of Research Projects you will be a key team player within our European Commission funded innovation based research projects team. This is an entry-level role in which you will be given excellent technical collaboration opportunities. You will work with a broad range of people and skills and you will be given accountability from day one. You will learn a great deal from internal networking and systems administration for our business, through to external collaboration with many European partners. As we are a small business we offer lots of flexibility with plenty of room for career growth and aspirations.
For this role you will be required to:
- Undertake coding in various languages to aid interoperability between the Flexiant cloud software stack and project developments
- Allow 3rd party tools to communicate effectively to our cloud software via SOAP API, RESTful interface and programmable plug-ins
- Research and document innovative areas relating to project deliverables
- Understand and translate technical and business requirements from projects
- Take responsibility for delivering against identified project activities and work packages
- Travel to a range of locations across Europe to align collaboration efforts with some of our European partners during critical elements of our projects
In return you can expect to gain:
- Hands on experience on a wide range of problems and issues
- Exposure to many industry sectors
- An organic learning approach
- An excellent platform to jump-start your career
- Exposure to and experience of many aspects of other organisations
- Induction into the business and culture
- Intensive training, which will cover all business units
This role would suit a very talented university leaver who has plenty of hands-on experience programming. Equally as important are an ability to build strong relationships, friendly personality, good team working, ability to quickly learn new skills and communicate effectively.
As well as a good academic record, you will have:
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- High motivation with enthusiasm to succeed and progress
- Excellent problem solving ability, with an inquisitive and logical approach
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Sound planning & organisational skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities in a dynamic work environment
- Capability to present and communicate project status to a wider audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to travel
- Collaborative project experience
- A can do attitude with a streak of perfectionism
Flexiant is the best and most innovative provider of cloud management and orchestration software. Flexiant develops Cloud Computing Orchestration software for hosting companies, data centre operators, and telecoms providers. Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator is a complete IaaS software platform that allows telcos, hosters and service providers the ability to build, sell and monetize differentiated cloud services, at scale in days.
In order to be the best, we need to attract the best talent. We are looking for individuals with drive, passion and professionalism; people who are looking to develop their career within a dynamic organization that is committed to providing innovative software solutions while enjoying ourselves at the same time. Our rapid growth means we continuously have fresh and challenging opportunities available. If you have the ambition, we will give you the opportunity to excel.
It is a very exciting time to join Flexiant. We are currently expanding at a rapid rate, serving new customers and developing new and exciting software solutions. We believe in rewarding our employees and are proud to offer them a fantastic range of benefits. As well as a competitive salary, we also provide our staff with BUPA healthcare cover, a gym membership and share options. We offer 25 holidays per year as standard, plus 8 bank holidays.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
You’ll ideally need to have (or be expecting) at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in a computer science type degree.
- You should have:
- A good working knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with POSIX APIs
- Working on a Linux platform
- Experience of source control (Git, SVN etc.)
The following are by no means necessary, but please do tell us about them as well:
- Exposure to the ISP/hosting environment
- Java experience
- Linux kernel and/or device driver programming
- Exposure to virtualisation environments at a development level (Xen, KVM, VMware, Parallels and HyperV especially relevant)
- Debian package maintenance
- Packet level understanding of Ethernet and IP networking, and implementation of protocols
- System Administrator skills
- Linux knowledge
We know no one will have all the above skills, so don’t worry if you don’t meet them all. The main thing we need is the ability to take whatever is thrown at you (we’re a small company after all) and to work independently.
How to apply:
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com placing ‘Software Developer’ in the subject field of your email. Closing date 30 April 2015.
Our application process consists of two stages. The first stage is a short telephone interview asking you further details about you and your CV. The second stage is a face-to-face interview and written technical proficiency test.
Applicants must have full entitlement to work in the UK without sponsorship.