Xi Engineering Consultants is a world class firm with in-depth expertise in the diagnosis and removal of existing and potential vibration and noise issues. We deliver whole-of-life solutions that are based on rigorous scientific measurement and exacting dynamic modelling. We are looking for a Project Engineer to join the team at Xi. Based in Edinburgh, you will be responsible for developing delivering projects across a broad portfolio of consultancy work including wind farms, transport, buildings, urban regeneration and expansion, and other large infrastructure projects.
You should be a driven, commercially aware professional with an advanced degree in engineering or similar relevant qualification. Experience in vibration and acoustic analysis is preferred. You should have good technical knowledge and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. As such, you will have excellent organisational and project management skills and a proactive approach to managing workload. You will need to be a self-motivated individual and possess the ability to work on your own initiative. A team spirited attitude is also needed and you will need to be able to connect effectively as a professional with clients and other industry professionals.
The role will include the following tasks in line with our measurement, modelling and solution process:
- Finite element analysis using COMSOL Multiphysics. You will model the dynamics of complex structures in a variety of sectors including renewable energy, oil and gas, manufacturing and buildings.
- The design and optimisation of vibration and acoustic mitigation solutions.
- Field-based analysis of vibrating structures involving the deployment of sensing equipment and digital signal processing.
- Reporting and presenting to clients in the private and public sectors.
- You will need to liaise with both current and prospective clients to identify future opportunities.
- A full driving license is essential
- A passport is essential
Joining Xi you will work on a broad scope of projects and ultimately will manage your own clients and with a record of success will become a Client Services Director. If you can see your future being part of our future then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’d be an excellent addition to the team.