PRODUCT MANAGER / PROJECT MANAGER (TECHNICAL)
InclusIQ is a leadership training company. We use technology to make better learning and development resources – particularly around difficult management conversations at work.
You might have heard the saying ‘people leave bosses, not jobs’. Too often, great people leave their jobs because they don’t feel valued, understood or that the work they’re doing makes a difference. We want to change the way people communicate, one difficult conversation at a time.
If we can make tough conversations easier for people, we can create more honest, transparent and empathetic workplaces – all of which boost engagement and productivity.
How we’re doing it
We’re a startup company with ambitious growth plans. Our V1 e-learning product is live and selling, but V2 is going to be better. We’re looking for someone who can manage the technical side of imagining and building V2 and the content to go with it.
Who we need
To join our team, you’ll need to be passionate about making a difference in the way people communicate. You love technology; some people might even call you a ‘geek’, but this isn’t a developer position – you’ll need to wear three hats: user experience, technology, and business.
We need someone who can take a wider perspective on the product and how it can be used for rapid content development for clients.
Ideally you’ll have three years of product management/software experience, and probably an engineering and/or design background, but we’re open to different backgrounds if the list below sounds like you.
- user-focused and know what’s important to the user
- know difference between HTML5, SCORM, CSS, and JSON
- happy to manage digital/web products from concept through to delivery and beyond
- very organised and entrepreneurial
- a logical and linear thinker, with excellent attention to detail
- a good communicator (in person, and online in English)
- an appreciation for gaming and mobile development
- insight into open source software
Day to Day
We’re a young, small company, so there is no typical day, but you’ll be:
- leading a small multi-disciplined team, using agile development, to prioritise user requirements,
- overseeing delivery of milestones, connected to a SMART project,
- working directly with the CEO, sales and content specialists to:
- rapidly develop e-learning content
- provide technical input to business discussions
- polishing and proofreading learning content
- updating the website with product info, and assisting with product promotion
- helping to run events with customers
Most of our tools are cloud hosted, so you’ll be working with Google Apps/Docs, Jira, and possibly GitHub, but our big discussions are normally old fashioned – done in front of a whiteboard.
You’ll get on really well with us if you have a commitment to equality in the workplace, social change and helping people develop empathy. You’ll be a life-long learner, and passionate in engaging people through amazing online experiences.
We’re based in CodeBase in the heart of Edinburgh and this isn’t a remote position. We do flexible working and would consider an 80% or even 60% schedule. You must already be able to legally work in the UK.
Salary is negotiable with a range of £38,000 to £43,000 pro-rata, depending on experience.
How to Apply
How to Apply
CV’s and covering letters to email@example.com. Final applications in by 9am September 11, 2015. Face-to-face interviews will be in Edinburgh on-or-after the 21st of September, with a view to starting on the 28th September.
No recruitment agencies, please.