Aquila Insight is looking for an experienced product manager to join our fast-growing Engineering Solutions Clan in Edinburgh. At Aquila Insight we have built a world-class team to deliver outstanding results for our clients. A strong ethos and values that drive sustainable growth are essential to how we do business. When faced with difficult decisions and new challenges, it means our people won’t just go after the money. We stick to our own high standards, and do business in a way that makes Aquila Insight a great place to work.
We reviewed our analytics and modelling capabilities in 2014, concluding that an existing proprietary, manual and static set-up needed to migrate to an open-source, tightly automated, dynamic & strategic solution we call Discovery.
The Discovery Data Management Platform continues to evolve. Our main areas of focus and investment in 2016 and 2017 are:
- Extending our web applications to cover more predictive and prescriptive functionality.
- Refactoring certain models to operate on distributed computing platforms.
- Adding new functionality and components to link model outputs to a broader range of interaction channels
- Creating connectors to additional external data sources and adding to our utility datasets.
- Discovery is the brainchild of Engineering Solutions, a 10-strong team of developers and engineers based at Aquila’s Edinburgh HQ.
The Engineering Solutions Clan consists of three teams – Development, Testing and DevOps. Development and Testing are managed by our Head of Application Development while DevOps is overseen by our Chief Architect. Product management is the domain of our dedicated Product Manager and the Engineering Solutions Clan reports directly into Aquila Insight’s board via our CEO, Warwick Beresford-Jones.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for maximizing the business value from Aquila Insight’s Discovery Analytics Platform, ensuring that it can be adopted by and is valuable to our clients.
- Product roadmap – you will be responsible for setting and communicating passionately the vision for the product, market research and testing.
- Integrate as part of the engineering team – you will lead, plan and prioritise the work for the engineering team in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Stakeholder Management – you will develop and maintain commercial relationships.
- Project management – you will be responsible for working with clients and Aquila projects leads to manage the smooth deployment and launch of Discovery – project schedules, budgets and resources.
We look for people with these behaviours
- Collaborate – we reward exceptional team work over individual “heros”. Collaboration and openness are important both in your mindset and in tools that you use.
- Integrity – demonstrate personal and professional integrity through respectful, honest and trustworthy behavior towards colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Challenge constructively – share ideas by encouraging debate in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Proactivity – think ahead, plan ahead
- Inspirational Leadership – create enthusiasm, empower people and instill confidence.
- Be practical – do not optimise solutions prematurely, keep functionality lean, set realistic expectations.
- Passion – we look for people who love what they do!
What we are looking for in your resume
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience in data analysis.
- Working with Agile development methodologies, delivering value to clients early and in short cycles.
- Previous experience as product manager.
- Previous experience in user acceptance testing.
- Link to your Github profile or projects you are proud of.
We look for people who demonstrate Aquila’s values
Push when others hesitate, find the problem and fix it. Look ahead, anticipating barriers and share your solutions to be our client’s secret weapon.
Consider opinions but voice your point of view, shoulder responsibility yet allow others to help.
Keep searching for the next big thing, find new ways of working, lead the action and shape your future.
Be the difference
Take the desired outcome and create the best solution to be our client’s hidden advantage.
As member of Engineering, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary;
- 28 day’s holiday plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Eligibility for company pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Excellent work life balance
- Employee of the month reward scheme
- Childcare vouchers and fruit to the office.