Employer Engagement Manager
Location: Edinburgh OR Glasgow
CodeClan has an exciting opportunity for someone who may be from a background in marketing and sales, recruitment, business development or account management. A newly created position, the Employer Engagement Manager will work to expand and develop the CodeClan Employer Community to ensure there is a great mix of organisations offering a diverse range of employment opportunities for CodeClan students.
CodeClan has an active Employer Community that provides a wide variety of employment opportunities for students completing the Professional Software Development Course (the Course). CodeClan aims to equally support the needs of both the Student and Employer Communities.
You will help ensure that we have sufficient employment opportunities for students by recruiting employer partners to join our Employer Community. You will work to KPIs, ensuring that you meet monthly and quarterly targets. You will identify new opportunities and maximise existing leads to achieve revenue targets.
For many organisations, the Employer Engagement Manager will be the first point of contact and the 'face of CodeClan'. Therefore you will need to understand and represent our values and brand, in a professional but passionate and flexible manner.
You will be part of the CodeClan Student and Employer Support Team managing relationships with members of our active and diverse Employer Community across Scotland. Predominantly working with Student Placement and Marketing teams, you will manage the Employer Community strategy, ensuring that it supports the broader objectives of the organisation and that it is delivered efficiently.
CodeClan have ambitious plans which would require you to support CodeClan’s growth by assisting in the development of a suite of tools and supports the identification of employer partnership opportunities throughout Scotland.
- To manage the employer partner recruitment process from start to end.
- To expand and actively manage our Employer Community.
- To manage relationships with existing and prospective employer partners.
- To identify potential employer partner opportunities and follow up existing leads.
- To develop and implement the Employer Engagement strategy that supports CodeClan’s strategic objectives and growth plans.
- To promote the value and benefits of being part of the Employer Community to as wide an audience as possible in Scotland.
- Maintain and use relevant data systems, as well as provide analysis to support key recommendations and decisions.
- To put forward ideas that will enhance the value of the CodeClan community to our employer partners.
- To support the execution of the Marketing Strategy for the CodeClan Community.
- To represent CodeClan at events and ensuring the CodeClan ‘brand’ is widely recognised.
- To implement efficient and transparent end-to-end processes for the Employer Community.
- Energetic and excited about what we do at CodeClan and aligned with the CodeClan values of Passion, Teamwork, Forward Thinking and Inclusion.
- Account management of multiple clients of varying sizes and needs.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of organisations and individuals, and capacity to adjust style and approach (eg: SME’s, multinationals, public and private sector).
- Excellent written and verbal communication, energetic and confident in front of clients at various levels of seniority and function
- Previous experience in content generation to assist with sales or account management.
- Knowledge of and interest in the digital technology industry, its processes and terminology.
- Well organised and methodical in approach to work.
- High degree of computer literacy and experience in using data systems (office applications such as Word, Excel and other sales/CRM systems).
- Sales experience in a business to business context
- An understanding of how technology impacts the wider business sector in Scotland (including Financial and Professional Services, Public Sector organisations etc).
- Good working knowledge of the business community around Scotland and existing relationships
CodeClan is a not-for-profit social enterprise that was opened in Edinburgh in 2015 with the backing of Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and support of industry trade body ScotlandIS. CodeClan opened its second campus in Glasgow in early 2017 and has plans on further expansion in 2017/18.
CodeClan is Scotland's first accredited digital skills training academy and helps people primarily from non-technical backgrounds accelerate their careers into roles in the digital sector. Aligned with SDS’ ICT and Digital Technologies Sector Skills Investment Plan, CodeClan aims to address a significant digital skills gap primarily through the delivery of an immersive Software Development Programme and placing people into digital roles within the CodeClan Employer Community. CodeClan’s business model has a joint focus on both our Students and Employer Community.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 27th February 2017
No agencies please.