Art Manager/Director - Marketing and Branding
Location: Dundee and/or Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
We are looking for a creative and dynamic Marketing Art Manager or Director (Dependent upon experience level) to lead, mentor, and manage a team of designers to support the demands of our evolving portfolio of visually stunning and engaging mobile games.
Our talented and ambitious Marketing Art team supports our development studio and products and drives brand marketing initiatives, creating all the assets/banners and videos for our outbound mobile UA marketing and recruitment campaigns.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a talented creative leader to flourish in this strategic role. Moreover, this person will play an important role in building Outplays game branding through promotional materials such as emails, logo development and community engagement.
The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager of a Creative Team and can raise the bar in illustration, motion graphics, and/or design.
Areas of Delivery
- Lead a team of marketing designers and video artists from project ideation and conceptual development to delivery
- Coach, mentor, and provide career path guidance to the team
- Develop concepts and positioning for user acquisition campaigns across multiple games (including existing game art work along with new creative ideas)
- Drive the creative brainstorm sessions to guide the conversion of marketing creative ideas into effective art and copy
- Direct and assign workflow while supervising and implementing design process
- Incorporate marketing data to help drive ongoing art direction and creative process
- Creatively support the lifecycle of a game from soft launch to worldwide launch and beyond
- Provide necessary artistic/vision guidance thorough documentation and frequent feedback to team
- Oversee the delivery of tasks from design team members and be accountable for the quality of final handoff and meeting deadlines
- Communicate high level business and process directives to team with direction from Head of Marketing
- Robust experience with marketing/advertising design is required (F2P game industry a plus)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a lead artist, designer, or art director
- Minimum 5+ years of creative people management
- Highly proficient in fine art, illustration, and animation fundamentals
- Highly proficient in latest version of Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
- Experience in motion graphic design; 3D skills a plus
- Advanced use of tools like Confluence and Jira
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to prioritise work flow for team; experience with juggling multiple clients and projects
- Comfortable presenting to senior management
- Drive to consistently improve as an artist and mentor
- Creative, flexible, collaborative, and innovative
- Ability to work in a variety of styles with team of varying skillsets and experience levels
- Strong specialisation managing multiple art disciplines
- Able to inspire and motivate others through projects and in day to-day work
- Able to communicate to all levels of leadership across disciplines
- Level-headed, logical, and 100% reliable
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in Scotland. Currently celebrating our 5th year, our studio is a global leader in developing, publishing and distributing digital interactive entertainment for smartphones, tablets, and social networks. We have a colourful portfolio of innovative casual and mid-core titles such as Angry Birds POP, Alien Creeps TD, Bubble Genius, Crafty Candy, Mystery Match and many more!
Outplay is an extremely ambitious company, in almost 5 short years we have gone from 2 founders to the team size of 150 that we have today. We have released 13 titles which have generated over 60 million downloads.
Life at Outplay offers a progressive culture, leveraging our current success onto the next.
This kind of trajectory is incredibly exciting to be a part of. Our teams don’t just join us for their next role they join us to be a part of our journey.
Each product is developed and owned by the team; they drive the development, design, and creative direction of the products in coordination with our directors, marketing, and analytics’ teams so we offer a real hands-on experience.