This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing start-up in the early stages of developing a brand new product. You will be based in our CodeBase office, part of a vibrant start-up community in the middle of Edinburgh.
WHO WE ARE
Urban Tide helps organisations to realise their full data potential. We do this by providing services and we have just started building our next generation SaaS smart city data platform.
Our platform will support real-time data acquisition, publication and analytics via scalable microservice APIs. It will act both as a portal for publishing open data and also as an internal data integration and analysis tool.
To achieve this ambitious goal we are now looking for a talented Software Engineer who can help us build this innovative solution.
You love test-driven development, continuous integration, instrumentation and containerised deployment. You build your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, and you don't reinvent the wheel.
You’re a problem solver and you strive for perfection, but you also understand that getting the job done comes first.
If you discover issues you are happy to address them without passing blame. If you make a mistake you feel comfortable to admit and learn from it. You love to work with smart people and enjoy the fast-paced and flexible environment of a start-up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Experience in containerised deployment (Docker)
- Experience building microservices
- Commercial experience operating and maintaining production software
- Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, build and deployment processes
- UI/UX design experience
- Amazon Web Service configuration and deployment
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Experience in big data manipulation and analytics
- Experience handling spatial data
- Results oriented and analytical
- Strong sense of ownership with a passion for software and continuous learning
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Competitive salary
- 32 days' holiday
- Childcare vouchers
We believe we can make our cities smart by focusing on the integration of people, technology and data to deliver a sustainable, prosperous and inclusive future for everyone.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org